Chapter 10: Banned

NOAH's POV

"Noah, are you sure you should be dating Jakoby?" my mother asked after everyone left including Kyle. "Are we really going to sit here and act like Maddie was having sex on school grounds with her best friend's ex-boyfriend, my best friend?" I asked trying to turn the tables. "That will be dealt with. We took all her electronics for a month and she's grounded. Maddie will go to school and then home. We are sending her back to counseling too. Kyle is no longer allowed here until we deem it necessary. We found their relationship recently. It was just brought to our attention that he and Jakoby were dating. You kids really do keep a lot from us" my mother said waving her arms dramatically.  "Koby and I love each other. She's smart, beautiful, mature, and respectable" I replied. "She's also fragile from an abusive past" my mom rebutted. "I don't care. That doesn't define who she is. If anything, it's made her humble and not power-hungry. We all know that about her" I said making valid points. "Please don't tell me you took that poor girl's virginity" my dad chimed in. "Yes, I was her very first, which makes it even more poetic. You both know that I'd had a crush on her since the day we met. The reason I never pursued her was simple. She was Maddie's best friend and now she's not. You two didn't complain when she started dating Kyle" I replied. "As I stated before, we didn't know that. If we did, we would have warned him as well. Maddie told us Kyle and Koby never had anything sexual. That's a relief!" my mother said exasperated. "We know the two of you are not going to last just as she and Kyle didn't. You may as well cut your romantic relationship short" my dad said. "They dated for two years! She settled him down. If he wouldn't have cheated on her who knows where they would be right now" I said being taken back by my own words.

Did Koby still have feelings for Kyle? I wondered this to myself over the last few months, but I always shook it off.

"I don't care! Kyle is not our son. You are!" my mom frantically stated. "Just say it mom" I replied with a stone face. "She's not good enough for you! I love Koby, but she will never be good enough for you. Her past is too...is too shady and broken. That's not what you need, especially right now. What happened to you loving Ashley?" my mom asked pushing my buttons. "I didn't love Ashley like that. I thought I did until I fell in love with Koby. I've never felt this amount of intensity with Ashley" I admitted. "You're going to hurt her son or she's going to hurt you" my dad replied pouring him a whiskey sour. "I won't hurt her and she's good enough for me. Why isn't she good enough for you two?" I asked as it fell on deaf ears. "I'm disappointed in you son," my mother said catching me off guard as she turned her back to stare out at the fireplace.

I grabbed my keys and my coat. I turned to open the door when I was met by Jakoby who had tears streaming down her face.

"Shit! Did you hear all of that?" I asked and she nodded. "Now I know what they really think of me" she simply said walking out of the door. "They don't know what love is Koby. I love you and I have no intentions of breaking things off" I proudly stated. "Me either" she smiled through her smudged mascara.

We decided to drive back to the university campus. I purchased Koby everything she needed so she wouldn't have to go home. Her mom believed she was with Kiki for the week. She had been working late as a PA for her new job. She was barely home, which made it easy for Koby and me to see each other on the weekends and holidays when we could.

I let Koby see the text chain between Ashley and me to ease her mind. I blocked her number and deleted her from all my social media accounts.

Three months later...

"Wear this one babe. It makes your eyes POP!" Jakoby exclaimed handing me a blue tie. "Are you going to get dressed or are you going to just stare at me?" I asked cocking an eyebrow at the fact that she was still wearing my t-shirt. "Calm down! It won't take me too long" she replied slowly removing my t-shirt revealing her nakedness underneath. "Stop! We are going to be late to my banquet if you don't cover yourself" I said while my hands explored her skin. "You stop! I'm about to shower and throw on my dress on" she casually said scurrying away from me. "No you don't little butterfly," I said grabbing her arm. "Noah! We are already short on time" she whined as my hands explored her body. "Are you sure you want me to stop?" I asked parting her thighs. "Um..." she trailed off. "I didn't think so" I replied before lifting her up to have her straddle my waist. "A quickie wouldn't hurt" she spoke up. "If you ask me nicely I will give you what you want" I teased biting her bottom lip making her moan. "Please" she pleaded while my fingers danced around her sex. "Please what?" I teased further digging two fingers in her entrance. "Please Mr. Booker" she moaned making me come undone.