Chapter 11: After Party

KYLE's POV

We pulled up at a massive after party one of the fraternities were throwing. I was surprised to see the front lawn wasn't trashed, but there were a few drunk kids playing ping pong. I couldn't wait to get inside.

"You ready sexy?" I asked Maddie who was wearing the skimpiest little black dress she could find. "Absolutely handsome" she replied with a sly smile hinting at our earlier sexual activities.

Maddie was 18, but she still had to finish up her senior year. She would be turning 19 in a couple of months. She was convinced we would make our relationship work, but I was still struggling with monogamy. When Maddie does move up here, I know I have to silence the other girls I mess with or it was not going to be pretty.

"I'll go grab us a beer. Stay right here" I whispered in Maddie's ear not giving her time to respond.

I picked up our beers and grabbed Maddie's arm to sit in my lap to get her away from the pervert that was drooling all over her in attempts to hook up. I could see how the guys were eyeing her. She was eating it up too. She was mine and I didn't have any intentions of sharing her either.

"Why are you over here flirting?" I asked a bit agitated. "Are you jealous babe?" she asked mischievously. "No, just don't do that shit" I demanded. "Yeah, okay" she scoffed.

Maddie took out her phone and undoubtedly started angry texting somebody. I diverted my eyes to the screen, but she moved it from sight. She thought making me jealous was a good idea, but I saw it as very immature. Instead of getting upset at her behavior, I redirected my attention to the sweaty bodies on the dance floor.

When I diverted my eyes toward the door, I saw Noah and my ex-girlfriend, Jakoby striding through the door looking like a Hollywood couple.

Koby's hair was in its natural curly state that lingered down her back. Her blue sequence dress fell just right above her knees and her black heels really highlighted her calf muscles. She clutched Noah's hand like she was afraid that he would eventually let her go. "Yeah, they are definitely having sex," I thought to myself. We dated for two years and she never as so much as let me taste her. I would be lying if I said the thought of my supposed best friend bedding the girl I spent two years with didn't infuriate me.

My eyes followed them until they were out of sight. I stood up and grabbed Maddie's hand, planting a soft kiss on it. She melted in my arms once more unaware of why I did it. I was hoping to get a reaction out of either Noah or Koby.

"I'm sorry for flirting. You just stayed gone for so long. I felt out of place" she said putting on her best sad eyes. "It's okay. Let's get another drink" I said using it as an excuse to get a better look at Jakoby who seems unbothered by my presence.

Was she really over me? I'm starting to think she isn't since she's actively avoiding me. I mean, we did spend two years together and it wasn't all bad.

JAKOBY's POV

From themoment I walked into the after-party I could feel eyes burning into me. Noahwas some sort of star here which earned me a lot of unwanted attention fromboth men and women. I didn't dare meet any of their eyes. I was used to guyshitting on me and girls disrespectfully flirting with Noah while I was standingthere. Clearly, they didn't know where I was from. I used to laugh in theirfaces the moment Noah blew them off.

"Babe,you want one?" Noah asked disturbing my thoughts. "Fuzzy Navel, please" Ireplied looking down at the wine coolers. "You look so beautiful in that dress, Koby" he whispered in my ear. "Do I now?" I responded feeling his arm snakearound my waist. "Yep! I can't wait to peel it off you though" he said pullingmy body into his. "Maybe we should leave early" I replied getting turned on. "Wewill give them at least an hour of our presence. Besides, the douche bag that'sthrowing the party hates me" Noah chuckled. "Wait, why?" I asked with a smirk. "Because I'm sort of better than him or have potential to be according to coach" he saidshrugging his shoulders before taking a sip of his beer. "What's this douchebag'sname?" I asked so I could be on the lookout. "Dillon Brady" he simply said with a mischievous look. "So, he shares the last name of one of the best quarterback's in the league? No wonder you smirked" I laughed. "Yeah, but I'm afreshman so his spot is safe for now. He doesn't like having someone so juniorbackfill him. He's starting this year as a junior" Noah said locking eyes with who I am guessing to be Dillon.