Chapter 8: I Hate Her

ASHLEY's POV

It's been a hard few months without Noah being a constant in my life. We always broke up and got back together but it's been nearly four months. He finally started to answer my text a couple of months ago. He's very direct with me, but it's better than nothing in my opinion. He promised we would work on a friendship and see what happens from there.

Maddie has been my right hand. She just told me that she confirmed that Noah had been slumming it with that project hoe, Jakoby. What kind of name is that anyway? She sounded like an extinct koala bear or some shit. I called Maddie to make sure our plan for me and Noah to hook up was still in play.

"Maddie, I'm wearing the sexiest formal gown I could find in the mall at such short notice. You sure we will get that time alone you promised?" I asked through the phone. "Oh, absolutely! I have a feeling that Jakoby won't be staying the entire night" she laughed. "Is that so? How are you going to pull that off?" I asked intrigued. "Easy, I'm going to tell my parents that they let this trash in our home and now she's sucking off their son. They love her, but I'm certain they feel Noah is too good for her" she replied. "I can't wait! She isn't good enough! She's probably been using you all these years just to get her name out there. It's got to be exhausting pretending to be something that you're not" I scoffed adding fuel to Maddie's fire. "You would think huh? Well, I have to go. Jakoby AND Noah are running late for the gift exchange. They're probably together right now. Ugh! I bet she was expecting me to pick her up, but I already blocked her needy ass" Maddie retorted. "Don't worry about her. When you leave for college next year, she will be dirt under the rug as she should be" I replied before ending our call.

I didn't want to keep going to NCU without knowing Noah would eventually be mine again. All we need is love. We don't need gravity.

NOAH's POV

I purposely took my time heading home. Now that I know Maddie was able to confirm Jakoby and I were dating, I'm not sure what was waiting for me at home. I looked down at my phone and noticed my mother calling me.

"Hey, mom" I echoed through the speakers of my truck. "How far out are you?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm fine by the way," I said rolling my eyes. "Don't you play with me young man. How much longer is it going to take for you to get home?" She asked again. "Maybe 30 more minutes. Has Kyle made it?" I asked. "Yes! He's been here for about an hour" she replied. "Sounds like you wished we were switched at birth" I joked. "Very funny sweetheart. Just get home safely. I love you" she replied. "Love you to mom," I said thanking the high heavens that she didn't call to fuss about Jakoby.

My family adored Ashley. They didn't even know we broke up unless Maddie spilled the beans about that too.

They may actually be happy to know I'm dating Koby. I mean, they've always treated her like a daughter and they love her.

I took out my phone and dialed Jakoby. I'm sure she's super nervous about this, especially after what Maddie did to her in the locker room.

"Hey, love. What time are you coming over?" I asked through the phone. "Kiki brother is going to drop me off in 15 minutes I think" she replied. "Okay, you'll get there right before me then. I just wanted to check on you. I'm sorry Maddie is being a bitch to you all of a sudden" I said awaiting her response. "Yeah, me too, but I'm done, Noah. I can't even imagine us ever being friends again" she replied sadly. "I really hate that. I always imagined my sister and my girlfriend as good friends, but I understand", I admitted. "In a perfect world, but this world is full of flaws" she chuckled. "This is true. I can't wait to see that beautiful face of yours" I said flirting. "I can't wait to feel your lips on mine" she replied catching me off guard. "I'm going to hold you to that," I said feeling myself becoming aroused. "Bet," she said hanging up the phone.