Chapter 2: Awkward Dinners

JAKOBY's POV

"I don't know how I let Maddie talk me into coming over for dinner," I complained to Ramona and Kiki who were camped in my small bedroom. "Don't act like you don't like going to that mansion on the hill", Ramona teased. "Yeah, I don't know why she's acting like they don't have bidet's and shit", Kiki said making us topple over in laughter. "Why is it that you have to bring up a toilet squirting up your butt? You better tell your boy toy, Lamar to take it easy on you the next time y'all start experimenting with booty back door activities", I said jokingly. "Mind ya business!", Kiki shouted as she stood in front of the mirror trying to twerk. "Why don't you want to go Mamacita?", Ramona asked with a frown. "Kyle is the reason. So, you know it's going to one of the first awkward dinners I'll have there", I replied. "Oh hell no! He's going to be there?", Kiki asked in an angry tone. "Yeah, that's why I'm hesitant. I haven't seen or talked to him in three months after finding those naked pictures of Raquel on his phone. Don't let me get started on the messages and the damn selfies", I replied before I started putting my blue jeans on. "You need to wear something a little sexier than that. You better show off your new curves doll baby", Ramona said as she jumped up and left my room. "Where Miss Crazy Cat Lady going?", Kiki asked with her nose tooted up. "Girl stop!", I exclaimed playfully before taking my two braids down.

When Ramona came back to my house out of breath with a white tank top that hung off my right shoulder I knew what she meant. The top exposed the very bottom of my stomach, but only just a peek. I put on my angel wings choker and some cute white slide-ons. They both voted on me placing my hair in a high bun with a few of my curls falling down to compliment my heart-shaped face.

I never wore a lot of makeup so I stuck with my clear rose-pink lip gloss and mascara. I sprayed my cotton candy soft body spray and danced around in it just as Maddie pulled up in Noah's truck honking the horn for me to come out.

I'm glad my mama wasn't home or she would've snatched Maddie's narrow ass from the truck for waking up the neighborhood. I quickly ran out of my house after grabbing my black sling bag.

"Girl, are you trying to piss off the neighborhood?", I asked as I climbed in the truck. "Hey sexy ladies!", Maddie cat called out to Kiki and Ramona who gave her a wave completely ignoring what I just asked her. "Take care of our girl!" Ramona called out. "Always", Maddie replied before speeding out of our neighborhood. "So, you just going to ignore me?", I asked playfully shoving her shoulder. "Sorry girl. You know I'm so extra. So, before we get to the house I want you to know Kyle wants to talk to you", Maddie said giving me a side-eye. "There's nothing to talk about. I blocked him three months ago. I would like to keep that door closed. I'm not in the headspace to have that massive amount of emotional turmoil come flooding back to me. I'm finally back in a place where I can be in the same room with him not thinking about chopping his dick off", I answered honestly. "I understand. I guess I didn't realize the wound was still fresh for you" she replied looking at me with her twinkling green eyes. "It's fine" I simply said.

I opened the door to the truck and climbed out after we came to a stop at the front door of Maddie's house.

Even standing at 5'6 I still had to jump out of Noah's truck. When I graduate college and I can afford it, I'm getting a big truck just like his. The more I thought about Noah I felt butterflies flutter in the pit of my stomach. It sounds bad, but I've had a crush on him for years.

We've been conversing for at least three years as friends. When Kyle and I started dating, Noah and I didn't speak much. Besides, he was always pre-occupied by his girlfriend, Ashley who dumped him at least three times a month.

Everyone knows Noah is off-limits unless you want to fight Ashley. Not to mention, my mother hated that Maddie and I were friends so the thought of actually dating her brother would get me kicked out. If I ever told her that I had a little crush on Noah she would probably lock me away. I don't understand why she doesn't like this family, but I'm sure she has her reasons.