Chapter 43: Its All Out Now

Next day...

JAKOBY's POV

"Rise and shine young man!" I shouted at Brandon once I made it downstairs. "Where's my breakfast, woman?" He joked. "Very funny! Save that for your future wife! I am actually hungry. Do you want to go eat? I was thinking of this cute little brunch spot that just opened downtown. It's early enough to miss rush hour. My treat!" I exclaimed. "You're much too happy in the mornings. If you're buying I'm all in" he replied chuckling. "It's my way of saying thank you for last night. I would've probably just got an Uber and came home and binged on chocolate ice cream" I said shrugging my shoulders. "You're much too cool to Uber" he joked. "Whatever! Be ready in 15 minutes!" I shouted already running upstairs. "That's it? I need more time than that to keep myself sexy. I know you'll need longer than to fix your face and that bird's nest on top of your head" Brandon joked. "There are too many comedians out of work, yet you're trying to be one dick-wad. 15 minutes!" I shouted again trying to fight back my need to laugh at him.

After removing my hair from the hair tie I brushed it up in a high ponytail. It still had its bump from the wedding last night. I slid into my deep blue skinny jeans, my thin black hoodie, and my black feminine combat boots and headed for the door. Of course, the metro-man downstairs was still in the bathroom grooming himself.

"Can you hurry up?" I called out grabbing my keys. "You had more time than me. I had to go out to my truck and get my bag, shave, and shower. Remember, I wasn't supposed to crash on my friend's mom's couch. If you wouldn't have insisted we stay up goofing around and watching movies all night I would've been where I was supposed to be" he said whining. "You didn't seem to mind. Besides, you were helping me through my feelings for my ex" I laughed. "I'm driving because you drive like a bat out of hell. You buy I fly" Brandon said grabbing his truck keys.

We pulled up to the Toasty Hut and I immediately wanted to leave. Not only was Noah here with his little sister, Maddie but so was one of my long-ago nemesis, Sonya. Groupies were all over the place surrounding Noah. It was annoying enough to leave. Brandon was too busy talking to the hostess to catch my nervous state.

"What's up?" Brandon asked placing his hand in the small of my back as we were guided to our table. "I can't believe he still has that effect on me after all this time. I feel so weak" I laughed. "Shit" Brandon whisper shouted. "What? He's my ex. It's not like he will throw his life away by jumping on you in a breakfast bar" I chuckled. "It's not that" he replied. "Brandon, what?" I asked growing impatient. "It just seems like this must be is the place where all exes hang out as mine is shooting daggers at me right now," he said discreetly hinting at someone.

I didn't dare look to make it obvious. I knew his ex had family here in Chicago but I wouldn't have imagined that he would actually run into her.

"What's her name?" I asked quizzically realizing he never cared to share for whatever reason no matter how many times I'd asked. "Sonya, how are you?" Brandon asked as none other than this high Yella heifer walked her ratchet ass over to our table.

I know damn well I wasn't crushing on Sonya's sloppy seconds. Wait, was his ass aware that we knew each other?

"Hold on, is this your ex?" I asked looking between him and Sonya. "Yes! I see you have a thing for going behind me even after all this time" she snapped. "Excuse me? Who the hell did I go behind you with?" I asked amused. "Whatever! Brandon, we need to talk. I don't know what this is but it ain't happening" she said basically pissing on her territory. "First off, he's not your property. Second, from what Brandon tells me you two haven't been a couple in almost a year. Third, you seriously need to grow up. You didn't learn anything from getting put out of school for getting out of pocket with your tits?" I asked standing from my chair knowing she was heated. "Bitch! I'll whoop your ugly ass!" Sonya shouted acting as if she was trying to attack me right as Brandon pinned her against the wall. "LAST, you should've learned from the last time I beat yo ass at our graduation party. Now, fall back bitch!" I shouted feeling hands pull me out of the restaurant.