Chapter 9: Backstabbed

KYLE's POV

"What just happened?" I asked as I climbed off of Maddie. "Are you worried about her feelings or mine right now?" she scoffed. "Your baby, but what if she tells Noah? He's my best friend" I replied. "Yeah, your best friend is seriously knee-deep in your ex-girlfriend's flower garden every time he comes home," Maddie said reminding me of his betrayal. "Not now" I sighed in frustration. "Humor me. Why were you staring at Koby like the last piece of meat on earth tonight? I saw you, Kyle" Maddie accused folding her arms defensively over her body after fixing her dress. "What are you talking about?" I asked playing it cool. "Exactly! You still love her" Maddie accused. "I don't! Sometimes I catch myself wondering why I ever loved her in the first place" I lied. "Huh?" She murmured. "Seriously, I don't know why I ever dated that girl. She's very immature and inexperienced unlike you" I said partially telling the truth. "Are you saying you regret loving her?" she asked cocking a single eyebrow.

I stopped talking because I didn't want to dig a deeper hole for myself. I didn't want to say anything that would make me regret it either. Maddie and I started hanging out toward the beginning of summer since I vacation with their family every year. After finding out about Koby and my breakup, Maddie treated me like the scum of the earth. At that time I agreed with her. She just wouldn't let it go. Maddie kept pestering me on why I would hurt innocent Koby like that. I didn't have a real answer if I'm being honest. I guess I had needs that weren't being met and I didn't want to force Koby to give me her virginity. I sort of lied and told some friends of mine that she did though. I regret it now more than anything. Noah will know for sure that I was lying and that's embarrassing. The more I hung around Maddie, the more I've pups see that she felt bad for me in a sense. The night I kissed her I expected to get a kick to the crotch, but she reciprocated with so much force it was hard to pull away. Maybe I was too vulnerable. After all, I didn't expect to feel the way I did.

Confused.

Pride Hurt.

Stupid.

As I said, Maddie lashed out at me for hurting her best firmed at first, especially after catching me in the hot tub with two hotties. She said I needed to heal and sleeping around wasn't going to do it for me. She may have hated me at the moment, but she loved me as a brother before anything. I thought she did anyway. I never expected that three days later she would be creeping in my bedroom when everyone was asleep. I kicked her out at first, but her persistence grew stronger as the days went by.

After a week of unsuccessfully screwing me, she waited until I got super drunk and had her way and I was a willing participant. We were both pretty wasted. We didn't speak about it after that. A few days after, it became a recurring act. We vowed to keep it just friends with benefits until...Maddie got pregnant. We found out right before we left the Hampton's. When she told me she decided to get an abortion, I was onboard. It's not what either of us needed. She scheduled the appointment a day after we got back. She hated that she couldn't see Jakoby because she was healing both mentally and physically. Not even her parents nor mine know.

We stopped sleeping together until one day I came over to hang out with Noah. I found her in the guest room where I usually crash completely naked under the sheets. She confessed that she wanted more with me. I had to admit that my feelings had grown for her too. We both decided to keep it a secret until we felt others needed to know. Now, the cats out of the bag, but why do I feel like I'm the one being backstabbed?

MADDIE's POV

"Put your clothes on" I calmly said launching Kyle's dress pants at him. "You think your parents will be okay with this?" he asked. "I don't know and I don't care!" I shouted angrily. "Aye, what the hell is wrong with you? Don't yell at me and drop the damn attitude. I've been patient through your tantrums lately, but I swear to you I won't much longer" Kyle said gripping my shoulders making me look at him. "Sorry! Stop being so sensitive" I hissed. "I'm not, but you have enough sensitivity for the whole damn school" he retorted. "Fine! I miss my best friend. I feel like I could have done things differently instead of purposely trying to get her to hate me. Maybe I hate myself!" I exclaimed in confusion. "Look, let's go home and figure it out. I'm staying over with you tonight. I've missed waking up next to you in my arms. We just need to lock the door" he said winking at me with a devilish smirk.