Chapter 42: It's Simple

JAKOBY's POV

"You want some breakfast? Is Brandon coming?" my mom asked feeling my looking as if her nerves were swallowing her. "Why are you cooking on your wedding day, crazy woman? And I'm guessing he's not. What are you doing?"I asked confused at her shaking hands. "I'm anxious! What if he changes his mind or something?" She weirdly asked. "I'm not having that conversation with you. What time are Marie and Katherine getting here?" I asked. "Should be here any minute. Are Ramona, Bre, and Kiki still coming over for you?" She asked. "Yep! I haven't been with all three of them together in a while. When Taylor and Aunt Rachel wake up it'll be a whole vibe" I replied laughing. "It's been so good reconnecting with everyone" my mom smiled. "Yeah, it really has. Why do I have a feeling there's something big else?" I asked cocking an eyebrow. "Do you remember when I told you how everything happened in the past?" She asked. "How could I forget?" I replied. "Well, I ran into my old friend, Gwen. You know, the one who caught her dad trying to force himself on me when I was pregnant with you. She knew his ass was filthy but she sided with him anyway" my mom grimaced. "What did she have to say for herself? Let me guess, she acted as if it was water under the bridge, huh?" I asked. "Of course she did. Not only that, she looked as if she was surprised that I held such a status in the company. I wanted to say "Bitch, you're trying to get a job here. I wouldn't be going about pissing off those who actually hold weight around this piece" but I didn't. I strutted in my black stilettos and navy blue tailored suit far away from her ass. The nerve of some people" my mom scoffed. "You should've said it" I joked. "If I ever see her around the company believe me I will. Joel is supposed to let me know if the board actually hired her uppity overdressed ass" she laughed. "It's your wedding day. Screw Gwen and the broke down horse she rode in on. Today is your day, sweetheart" I said embracing my mom.

An hour later...

All the ladies had arrived just in time to take part in our mimosas. After a couple of those, I had to cut them all off. They were starting to laugh for no reason and tell way too many secrets.

I learned that Aunt Rachel was into BDSM. My mom has a thing for tickles during sex. Kiki hadn't been a kid in over a year. My mom's friend, Marie pretends her husband is Denzel Washington during sex. I cut it off eventually because there were way too many fingers, tongues, and bondage talk for me, especially when I was in a 2-year drought myself. Of course, I couldn't avoid the awkwardness very long.

"Sooooo, are you going to jump Noah's bones when you see him at the wedding? I see you've highlighted your hair honey blonde, skin glowing, and your smile hasn't left your face from the moment I mentioned that he was coming to the wedding. Do you think I haven't noticed my baby girl is horny?" My mom asked tipsy as an unstable chair. "That's enough mom. You can't be a drunken mess at your wedding tonight" I said removing her Champaign's glass from her hand. "I have 7 hours to sober up! You didn't answer my question, butterfly" she replied calling me the nickname Noah always called me. "Ugh! Why would Noah even be there? Shouldn't he be in a corner with his new fiancé?" I asked growing agitated. "Noah never confirmed they were engaged. However, they are dating" my mom slurred. "How do you know so much about Noah anyway?" I asked. "Because he hooks Joel and me up with season tickets. I think he secretly hoped you would join us and he'd get to see you" she snickered. "So, you've been staying in contact with him?" I asked confused. "Here and there. He calls us for advice. You know he doesn't trust his hellion family" she retorted. "Um, yeah. No, I'm not jumping his bones. I'll speak but that's about it" I said feeling the butterflies creep up in my stomach. "Okay, buttercup...I meant butterfly. Use plenty of protection" she hiccuped. "Mom!" I cried out. "I'm just saying. If you two decide to slap uglies you have to be safe. You could use some tuning up I'm sure" she said making everybody laugh. "I'm so embarrassed," I said burying my head in my hands. "Don't be! I plan to get me some tonight!" my mom's friend, Katherine shouted making an awkward situation hilarious.