Chapter 36: Are You Jealous?

Four months later...

MARTIN's POV

"I cannot believe you agreed to have a DNA test 2 weeks ago and not tell me. We are supposed to be family and you stabbed me in the fucking back!" Milton said angrily. "Yeah, I took a DNA test to prove that I never touched Jacq. I knew in the back of my head I would never hurt her. You on the other hand didn't seem to mind having your way with her while she lay unconscious. I've had your back for far too long. So, don't talk to me about stabbing anyone in the back when you went and raped the girl I was in love with all those years ago and refused to take responsibility!" I yelled angrily. "This is some attempt to milk money from our empire. That bitch won't get a copper cent from me. She's going to wish I she never asked for a DNA test" Milton said seething. "Is that what you are concerned with? Jackass, you have a beautiful daughter who went without a father for 19 years and you're concerned about money? I swear our mother should have aborted your dumb ass" I say throwing myself back in the chair in his office. "What do you suggest I do? Give her hush money?" he asked in a serious tone. "How about agree to the DNA Test and start being an active father if Jakoby would even be willing to allow you to be" I added. "Jakoby? Is that what she named her? Could it be any more ghetto than she used to be?" Milton snickered. "That little girl from the ghetto graduated in the top of her class and is currently finishing up her bachelors and going for her masters right after. I say she's done pretty damned good without a cent from you" I retorted. "Oh, she wants me around. Girls like her always have daddy issues" he said taking a sip of the drink he just made.

I was so annoyed by his nonchalant attitude. He always felt people were out to get him.

"I'm done cleaning up your messes. Either you agree to the DNA Test or I won't mind telling the truth of what really happened that night. You stained my reputation because of a bad plan you and Kaitlyn devised. I'm done with all of you" I said standing to leave. "Well, you play daddy then. I have absolutely no interest. Sounds to me that you are pissed because you weren't the father" Milton teased with a devilish grin.

Not thinking, I punched him square in the mouth. The moment blood gushed from his lips I knew it would shut him up. I didn't even wait to see if he was conscious because truthfully I didn't give a damn.

"Martin?" Kaitlyn said grabbing my arm. "Don't touch me" I spat. "I need to talk to you! What is this about a DNA Test you agreed to? Yeah, word travels fast" She said with fear in her eyes. "What should it matter? I knew Jakoby wasn't my daughter. I never touched Jacq that night, but you and Milton did. Yeah, I've remembered and carried the truth all these years. Jakoby deserved to know the truth. As much as I hate it, Milton now knows he has a daughter. He doesn't want anything to do with her and frankly, I'm glad he doesn't. She's much better off without him" I replied pulling away from her hold. "How could you help Jacq unbury those bones?" She asked. "Good thing it's no longer my bones but my freedom. Now, if you could excuse me. I have a meeting to attend to as you know this is a big deal for our organization. There will be boundaries when it comes to my work life and personal life. But you never cared much about boundaries seeing as you jumped off my dick and onto Matt's" I said leaving her standing there with her mouth wide open.

I felt liberated. I should've been cut ties with them, especially when they would always insist that my ex-wife was present at their breakfast and dinner invites. We share a son, Kyle. We no longer share a life.

I pull out my phone to call Jacqueline right away.

"Hey, I guess we passed some people off real good with this DNA Test" I chuckled. "Yeah, I figured that when Kaitlyn started blowing my phone up. I even got an email from Milton threatening me like I give a shit. I don't want a thing from him" she scoffed. "I know, Jacq. Don't worry about him. Milton's own dirty deeds will take him down eventually. If not, his afterlife in hell will be hot enough to burn some sense into him. By then it'll be too late" I said shaking my head as she could see me. "Thanks for helping me and I'm sorry I thought you raped me too" she added. "I never blamed you. I should've said something but I wasn't entirely sure. It's okay" I replied. "I have to go. Boss just walked in" she whispered. "Take care of yourself. If either of you ever needs help, please do not hesitate to let me know. Jakoby is my niece after all" I added before we hung up.