Chapter 29: Not the Same

Three months later...

MADDIE's POV

"Can you pass me a cold one mate?" Charlie asked not peeling his eyes from their scrimmage video. "Nope!" I said jokingly passing him a beer. "You're so cute. It's a good thing that I like you very touch Miss Booker" Charlie said standing up to face me. "Prove it" I dared him. "I think I proved that three times last night when I made it here," he said making me blush. "It seems I need a reminder" I replied pulling him by his t-shirt. "I have a game tomorrow and the coach doesn't like us to overdo it a day before," Charlie said with a genuine smile. "Well, it looks like I'll be doing all the work" I warned pushing him down on the sofa and straddling his lap. "You're a bad girl aren't you?" He asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes as he maneuvered his hands up to skirt. "I'm a bad girl who's damn good at what she does" I replied removing his shirt.

Charlie flipped me on my back and traced my collarbone with his tongue before finding a perky nipple.

"Now who's being bad?" I rhetorically asked. "It's just the beginning. I don't believe in being lazy" he whispered in my ear before pressing his manhood at my entrance.

I felt my underwear being ripped from my flesh. It stung but it was also HOT! It turned me on even more. My legs wrapped around his waist and pulled him down to me. Like clockwork, he pressed deep inside me rocking his hips in a perfect rhythm.

45 minutes later...

We collapsed into a sweaty heap. I also or felt bad for tiring him out. I knew he had a game tomorrow and Coach Kaine did not play with his athletes. It was a well-known fact even at my university.

"I have to go, love," Charlie said gathering his clothes. "Okay, I'll see you after the game tomorrow" I lazily replied. "You'll see your brother too," he said knitting his eyebrows together. "Maybe" I simply said raising from the couch gathering my own things. "Noah seems like a good guy from what I know. What's the deal with you two?" He asked. "Well, for one I think he's lying to our parents about his relationship status" I replied. "Wait, why would that matter?" He asked. "He told them that he and Jakoby Monroe weren't together anymore but I'm sure they never broke up," I said pulling my hair into a high bun. "Have you seen her? The girl is fucking gorgeous. It doesn't hurt that she's smart and funny" Charlie chuckled. "Excuse me? How do you know so much about Koby? Are you fucking her too?" I asked with a hint of jealousy laced in my voice. "Are you serious right now?" He asked with his face contorted. "Dead serious! Are you or aren't you?" I asked knowing I was getting under his skin. "The girl brings us snacks to practice, cooks when we are over at their place, and your brother seems head over heels behind her. Why would you mess that up when he's clearly happy?" He asked. "Because she's no good for him. Our family's path it's too complicated for them to be together. Besides, I'm his sister and she doesn't like my company or accept our bond" I admitted. "I wonder why that would be. I'm sure y'all could work through it" Charlie said grabbing his gym bag. "No, that ship has sailed. It's too much bad blood. She used to mess with Kyle too. Plus, I caught Noah screwing his ex-girlfriend a few months ago" I added making it sound worse than it really was. "Oh shit, did she really? Wait, Noah cheated on her?" Charlie asked in disbelief. "Yep! So, you don't know either of them very well. She would definitely hop from man go man go get what she wants" I said with malice intent. "I hear what you're saying but I've been around here quite a few times. What I have observed is she isn't above working for why she wants. I swear she's a workaholic and still comes home and ensures your brother has food in his belly and a clean house. She's a bagel in her own right" Charlie said kissing my forehead before waving goodbye.

I was upset that he was so freely complimenting the enemy. At least I knew my suspicions were right. He didn't break it off with Jakoby if they were still living together. I couldn't wait to tell our parents that Noah was a liar from the outs of hell.