Chapter 37: You Can't Be Serious

SONYA's POV

My life is an absolute mess! I received a call from the admissions office putting me on probation because that photo leaked. I explained to them that she didn't do it but it doesn't look that way since it's posted from my account. Who would do this to me? Did I accidentally do it? I called Raquel when it happened but she was in the process of calling me. She wanted me to remove it immediately and I did. I deleted that horrid photo. How could I have been so dumb to put my face in it? My mom has been calling me non-stop to remind me of how disappointed he is in me blah blah blah. I could only talk to Raquel. She understood what I was going through.

"How are you going with everything?" Raquel asked. "I'm holding up okay. I'm just relieved that I don't have hardly any of the other college students on my social media or I would feel destroyed. Thanks for asking" I sighed. "Is your mom still being a dragon?" She asked. "She's the worse! Somehow she believes I leaked my own photo for attention. She continues telling me how disappointed she is and how she should make me come blah blah blah" I said rolling my eyes. "Yes, your mother really doesn't know when to shut her pie hole" Raquel replied laughing. "Yeah, it's like, kick me while I'm done why don't you?" I chuckled. "Are you still coming down for spring break this year?" Raquel asked. "YES! I really need a change rod scenery and I haven't been home in ages. "You ready for some juicy gossip other than your tits being planted on every computer screen of some lonely whack job?" Raquel asked making a horrible joke. "That's not funny in the slightest but yeah I want to hear someone else's business" I admitted. "Word is Noah and Jakoby got married and didn't even invite his family," Raquel said almost whispering. "WHAT?" I shouted in amusement. "YES! They went to city hall and had a whole ceremony" she laughed. "They are too young to be married. I know the Bookers are embarrassed and pissed! Here go my chances with Noah" I said shrugging my shoulders as if she could see me. "Who are you telling? Apparently, they are threatening to disown him" she replied. "How do you know all this?" I asked. "Because their waiter was Richard from school" she proudly stated. "Ugh! Richie still has it bad for you I see" I laughed. "He does but can you blame him? Gave him the nookie one time and he's hooked like a crackhead. He's high on Racq!" She joked. "Gross! But thanks for the distraction. I needed it" I admitted.

I needed the incident to pass a lot quicker than it was. There's no telling who saved my photo from 4 months ago.

JAKOBY's POV

I woke up to the usual stalker text this morning.

"This is all your fault" an unknown number texted.

"I'm about to make you regret this" an unknown number texted.

"I'm not going back you bitch!" an unknown number texted.

It was getting harder and harder to ignore this lunatic's threats these days. It's been two years of off and on threats. Ugh!

I made it home the next morning because I actually ended up getting called into work. Noah wasn't there when I arrived. I was alarmed because I know he was upset at me. He wasn't taking my calls either or responding to text messages. I shook off my nerves and readied myself for work. Once I put on my attire for work I hesitated to leave. I wanted nothing more than to look into those electrifying blue eyes of his and tussle his blonde hair. I couldn't wait any longer or I would be late for work. My supervisor seemed anxious over the phone. Whatever it was it is urgent from what I could tell.

I pulled up the assistant living home where I had worked since I've been here. I've been a floor supervisor for over 6 months now. I got paid pretty decent money too.

"Ms. Monroe-Booker, you made it! You're glowing too" My supervisor, Caroline said rushing past me. "Yes, is there anything I can help with?" I asked placing my things in the locker. "Actually, you can bring your things with you to my office," Caroline said with a stone face. "I'll be right there. I need to use the facilities" I said suddenly feeling the need to vomit from my nervous stomach.