26: Bitch Fight

"You are not talking to my father."

I grab Klaus' hand and drag him away from the car, looking over his shoulder to see if my mom is nearing us.

"Why not?" Klaus rolls his eyes and snatches his hand out of my hold.

"Because I can handle him myself!" I exclaim.

"I know about your god damn dreams, Hayley." He snaps and my mouth is closed shut. I bring in my lips and avert my eyes from him, causing him to sigh and step near me.

"How?" I ask as he pulls me into a hug.

"I remember you told me about it once, back when we could barely stand each other," He chuckles softly, "You could've just told me, you know?"

"It was different then. I didn't care about your opinion but now... I don't want you to look at me in a weird way." I shrug.

"I didn't look at you in a weird way before, and I definitely don't think of you weirdly now." He reassures me.

"Who the hell has nightmares of their abusive father?" I mutter and look away again.

"Not just you, alright? Trust me, I know what it's like." He says slowly and this brings me to look at him again in confusion.

"What're you talking about?" I raise an eyebrow at him, but he ignores me.

"That night you told me about what you were dealing with, that was the night we had our first kiss, you know?" He smirks a little to lighten the mood. I decide to ignore the sudden change of topic. Maybe he's just not comfortable talking about Mikael, and he'll tell me the reason behind it when he wants to.

"We were drunk, Klaus."

"You were drunk."

I look at him astonished, "You let me kiss you?"

"I figured we've been over this, guess I was wrong," He says under his breath and I can't help but let out a laugh.

"Hayley, let's go, hun." I hear my mom call and nod at her as she gets into the drivers seat. Before I can start walking away, Klaus pulls me against him.

"Stay with me tonight." He murmurs into my ear, planting a kiss below it.

"You're crazy if you think I'll be allowed after what just happened," I say and push him gently by his chest.

"Right." He groans and releases me.

"Oh, and, you're not talking to my father any time soon, Klaus." I remind while backing away to the car.

"One day." He points a finger at me with a gentle smile as I get into the car.

-

"Yoo Hoo, Little Miss Perfect."

I stop in my tracks on the way to the cafeteria, hearing an annoyingly distasteful voice from behind me. I turn around to see the redhead with her arms crossed in front of her chest, a crooked smile playing at her lips.

"My name is Hayley." I grit out, trying to keep calm.

"What's the difference?" She lets out a sort of mixture of a chuckle and a scoff, or maybe one just one of the two. It's hard to tell when I'm plotting on ways to strangle her. "I hear you and the bad boy ended things, it's a shame." She begins walking over to me and I glance around, really questioning where everyone is, and why the few present people are just standing around at a distance watching us.

"Actually, we're back together." I force a smile.

"Oh, does that mean Klaus is off limits? Who am I kidding?" She laughs and I furrow my eyebrows, "Klaus is never off limits. It's in his nature, Hayley, I haven't even been here for a solid month and I already know it." She shakes her head.