25: Troublemakers

A/N: New cover. Looks good, huh? I know I'm sure liking it :) Here's Chapter 26!

-

I walk into the entrance of the woods with my hands shoved in my pockets, and my sweater's collar covering my chin. My skin is shivering, and continues to grow goosebumps even though I'm wearing a warm cover over my tee. I look up at the sky to see the moon and shake my head.

Why the hell would Klaus want me to come here? What's it supposed to prove?

Klaus is standing by the tree with his eyes glancing around, probably looking for me. When they do eventually land on me as I near, he grins.

"We're not supposed to be here," I deadpan.

"Then why'd you come?" He steps closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist as his other hand reaches up to pull my sweater from covering my chin.

"You told me to, I wouldn't pass up spending time with you." I shrug.

"How cute," he smirks, "Now let's go." He bobs his head towards the deep woods and begins walking, but I stay put. He realizes I'm not following and stops himself, turning around to raise an eyebrow.

"Is something wrong?" He asks me in a quite concerned voice.

"I told you, we're not supposed to be here." I frown.

"No, it's just that nobody else has come here." He corrects.

"Because they don't want to get in trouble," I lift my eyebrows at him, challenging him to say something snarky.

He looks around and then back at me, "Do you see gates with signs that say 'No Trespassing'?" Klaus asks and I shake my head slowly. "Then we won't get in trouble. Come on, love, don't make me carry you." His smirk returns and I roll my eyes with a groan before following him into the woods.

-

We now stand in front of Jefferson's Mansion, a house that's been abandoned for years and is finally being taken down and constructed over again. I immediately step back while shaking my head.

"Klaus, no." I say sternly.

It's not that it's haunted. That's ridiculous. It's just that people are forbidden to step here due to the crazy mass human and animal murdering.

"Did you know that a bunch of kids from school come out here?" Klaus chuckles. I frown. "Oh, wait, of course not. You're too good to know that." He smirks.

"Shut up, Klaus, this place indeed has gates guarding it with 'No Trespassing' so I am not trespassing." I grit out. He doesn't wipe the charismatic smirk off of his face and begins climbing the fence, jumping over to the other side.

"Don't be scared." He coos.

"I'm not scared."

"You're scared of getting in trouble."

"No, I am not!"

"Yes, you are." He sings.

"You know what? Fine." I glare at him and struggle to land on the other side after climbing the fence. Praise the lord that he caught me and I didn't end up falling on my ass.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" He laughs.

"Why does it seem like you still hate me?" I mumble.

"I never hated you, love." He wraps an arm around my shoulder and brings me into him, placing a kiss on my forehead before jogging up the house.

Him saying this makes me recall what he said to me at the bar on New Years.

"I love you."