14: Misunderstandings

I was shook out of my slumber, my first instinct was to swat the hand away.

"Hayley, I'm trying to wake you up for school. But if you're going to act like this, then feel free to spend the day with me again." I hear a male voice say and my eyes shoot open. School?

I sit up, my eyes flashing towards Klaus who has one of his knees on the bed watching me with a raised eyebrow. I was wasted last night, but my memory is still clear. I know what happened and how I ended up here, however, I'm going to choose to forcefully forget.

"Thanks." I mumble, avoiding eye contact as I scurry out of his bed. He's still watching me which makes me shift a bit as I turn to him. "What?" I confront.

"Nothing," He shakes his head and picks up a bottle of tablets, shaking it in the air. "I brought you painkillers and water," He picks up the glass of water in his other hand.

"Thanks again." I force a smile. Why is he being nice to me? He walks over to me and hands me the tablet and water which I quickly swallow.

"Bekah's gone to school already, something about Caroline wanting you girls helping out with the up-coming formal." He says and I arch an eyebrow at him, finding my shoes.

"I care because...?" I trail off, putting on my heels.

"Because she told me that she was going to your house to pick you up," He says with a roll of his eyes at my attitude and my eyes widen.

"Oh god, but I'm not even-"

"Relax, don't fret. I told her that you were already at the school so she's probably still on her way and once she does get there, she'll be on the look out for you," He says and eyes me up and down to see me in skin tight jean shorts and a red tank. Unsuitable for high school, even I know it. "So you will either be wearing what you find here or I can quickly take you for a change of clothes." He's already dressed and turns to grab his phone and keys from his table.

"I guess I can look in Rebakah's closet." I shrug and he chuckles.

"Don't go through the trouble," he goes to his closet and pulls out a black sweatshirt, "Here, throw this on and you'll be good." He smirks and throws it at me. "Wait for me downstairs."
He says while going out the door, heading down the hallway to fetch his bag.

I huff, pulling it over my head. I inhale his scent from the sweater, the same scent I could smell when we were dancing last night. God, every time I close my eyes our time together is the first thing that pops up. And his words to me...I need a further explanation on that but it'll lead to awkwardness if I ask.

I hurry out the door and walk down the stairs, cursing under my breath when I see Elijah standing there. Kol is also seated at the dining table, watching me come down.

This cannot be good.

I glance up the staircase, hoping Klaus is on his way down.

"Hayley, I didn't know you spent the night here," Kol smirks, "But Rebekah's gone so..." He trails off and I narrow my eyes at him to shut up. Elijah takes a seat, ignoring us. He takes in my figure and smirks even wider, "You're wearing Niklaus's sweater. I wonder why." He paces his hands on his chin and I roll my eyes.

"Because my clothes from last night are not clothes you'd wear to school." I want to clasp my hand over my mouth for that because I see Elijah's eyes widen, he obviously got the wrong message and Kol bursts out laughing.

"No, no. Ugh, I went to a club last night, alright?" I justify and Kol nods slowly still smiling.

"Hayley, let's go-Oh." Klaus freezes when he sees Kol and Elijah. Kol's curious eyes banter between us both and speaks, "You spent the night with him?"