4: Little Wolf

I couldn't sleep all night last night. My parents started bickering after Klaus left for an unknown reason by me. I tried to sleep, since their voices were faint.

But on Sunday, the arguing just continued. I didn't like it. I would try to stop it, but I don't want to face the consequences of my father.

It happened once before. I couldn't have been more than twelve years old.

My parents were fighting like there was no tomorrow, and he almost raised his hand on her. I cried, yeah. Why wouldn't I? As I stepped in, I'm the one who got the hand instead. My mom was in shock unlike my father. He sort of changed after about two years, and was fixated on giving me manners when he really had to teach himself first.

Rebekah didn't understand, so I didn't want to get her involved. Klaus, however, did understand. Or at least I think he did, because the way he looked at me he did not pity me. But he never wanted to be there for me like that, that's just not us.

So my Sunday was spent listening to their voices ring out in the house, while doing last minute homework. I didn't sleep until 2 am, because that's when it stopped. Either that, or two other things. Their voices only got lower, or one left the house.

For strong business partners, I didn't expect them to ever turn out like this again. Maybe I was wrong, maybe they're not a good match.

I get dressed for school and sling my backpack on my shoulder, eating a cereal bar before heading outside. I'm walking again, because I don't want to catch the bus.

Besides, I most likely missed the last bus stop already. I take my time walking since I am pretty exhausted. I hear a vehicle roar to a stop from beside me and turn to see Kol's car.
He speeds down so that he's driving at the same pace I'm walking.

"Morning, Hayley." He grins. I'm not in the mood, but they can't know. I'm Hayley Marshall, I don't get in moods like this for unknown reasons. This is an unknown reason.

"Yes, Mikaelson?" I deadpan.

"Need a ride?"

"I'm good."

"Ignore his attempts to get you to ride with us. Just come, school starts in eleven minutes to be exact. If you walk, you'll get there in ten." Rebekah's voice rings out from the passenger seat.

"I'll have one minute left, thank you very much." I stop and turn to the car, "Alright." I say right after and get into the backseat.

I see Klaus already sitting there, with his head leaning back and his eyes closed. I slide in and shut the door, Kol continues to drive.

As the car stumbles due to the rocky road, Klaus' head falls onto my shoulder. He's sleeping. I flick my fingers on his forehead and his eyes widen awake. He looks at me and rolls his eyes before gazing out the window on his side.

"Good morning to you too." I joke and he grumbles a series of profanities. I see he's not in the mood either.

The rest of the car ride is only filled with Rebekah's and Kol's voices. Once he parks the car, he tries to talk to me. I immediately get out of the car and walk towards my locker.

I open it and shove my bag inside, grabbing whatever books and binders I need for today's schedule.

I shut my locker only to be greeted by Tyler's presence. I jump a bit and sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Yes, Tyler?" I ask as I start heading to my first class, which I share with him.

"How was your weekend?" He asks.