15: Winter Formal Date

I scavenger for Klaus but I'm unable to find him all day. I hate to admit it but I'm upset we didn't math class today.

As I walk out of the school once the day is over, I do what I stupidly didn't think of earlier. Calling him.

I pull out my phone and call his number, holding the phone up to my ear. After a few rings, he picks up.

"Need something, little wolf?" He asks me right away and I huff.

"Klaus, I really need to talk to you. The whole school thinks we're an item, how are you okay with that?"

This entire day has been filled with comments about Klaus and I and I am this close to pulling my hair out because of it.

"I'm at home. If you want to talk, then you can come by. If not, suit yourself." And with that he hung up. I glare at the phone even though it's not its fault and shove my phone into my pocket. I sigh, looking around and spotting Stefan walking to the students lot. Not being up for walking all the way to the Mikaelson Mansion, I guess I could hitch a ride.

-

Stefan happily drove me to Klaus's place, not bothering to question me about the latest gossip spreading around.

I walk right through the front door and into the living room, seeing Klaus sitting on the couch with a book on his lap. I watch him as he waits a few seconds before averting his eyes to me.

"So you want to talk after all." He smirks and puts his book away.

"Yes, I want to talk." I sit beside him and face him with my body while he just leans back. He's about to say something but Rebekah marches in, taking a step back when she sees us.

"Oh, Hayley. You're here." She smiles and looks at Klaus. She shakes her head, "I'll be upstairs." She says, obviously not exactly used to the fact me and him are 'dating'. I watch her go before Klaus finally speaks.

"What do you want to say?" He asks.

"What are we going to do about this? I went through the day not denying the rumours because I didn't know if you had said anything that could've been different. We can't just have them continuing to think this. So my question for you is, what are we going to do about this?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He licks his lips and looks directly at me.

"Can I ask you a question of my own?" He asks.

"I'd rather receive an answer first but sure, go ahead." I shrug.

"Will you go to the Winter Formal with me?"

My eyes widen and my lips part. He looks extremely curious as he awaits for my answer. I shake my head, standing up.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" I grit and he stands up seconds after I did.

"I did, Hayley, and I don't see the problem in this. If you pretend to date me, then Kol, Kaleb, Tyler, and whoever else has got it going for you will back off and you'll get the space you need to get over Elijah completely. Don't lie to me and say you are over him because you're not. Just go along with it, at least until the upcoming holidays come to an end in January." He suggests, grasping onto my hand in the process.

"You've stated my benefit, but what's in it for you?" I arch an eyebrow and he narrows his eyes at me as I continue, "I mean, you surely won't be able to sleep with your set of foolish women that are head over heels for you."

"Don't worry about what I want from it, because I don't want anything. I'm just doing it for...the heck of it." He defends and I scoff.

"Of course, because Klaus Mikaelson never wants anything in return in a deal." I say sarcastically.