9: Thank You

[A/N I write like all my chapters on my iPhone so sorry for any typos that you've noticed in the past and for future references. all are unedited to this point but i'll eventually go over them and fix whatever there is to fix. :) enjoy]

I see Klaus leaning against the staircase, chatting with Damon and Stefan.

I stroll to them and loop my arm with Klaus's, he looks down at me with a confused expression and I smile at the Salvatores.

"Gentlemen, may I borrow Klaus?" I glance up at him and they exchange smug looks.

"No, you may not." Klaus speaks for them. He's mad. Just for not listening to him?

"Klaus." I hiss and he purses his cheeks.

"You may. Klaus, be polite. She is the hostess, after all." Stefan grins at me.

"She's also Klaus's 'arch enemy' or whatever. I don't really understand where you guys stand." Damon shrugs and Stefan elbows him. Klaus rolls his eyes.

"You have five minutes." He says once we start walking away from them, my arm still looped in his.

"I might need a bit more than that." I say slowly and he scoffs.

"I thought you made your choice, to go after Elijah and whatnot." He looks around, avoiding eye contact and I huff.

"That was until he showed up with a girl. I mean, who does he think he is? He attends my, his ex's, party and brings another girl with him?" I ramble and Klaus places his hand on my arm, peering down at me.

"Hayley, maybe he moved on. You should try it too." His tone doesn't include any enthusiasm.

"Klaus, I'm trying to ask for your help."

"Funny since I haven't heard those words come out of your lips until now." He stops walking and turns to face me. "Why would I help you?" He raises his eyebrows at me, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"Because I'm going to say please?"

"Like that makes a difference." He scoffs.

"It should, it's rare for me to say please." I smile sweetly and he smirks.

"As true as that is, my answer is still no." He removes his arm from mine and I put my hands on my hips.

"I'll do anything."

He leans against the staircase and stares at my for a few seconds. "Why are you so desperate to win Elijah over?" He asks slowly.

"I'm not desperate." I mumble.

"Then you're obviously not hearing yourself right now. I mean you're coming to me for help." He shakes his head and sigh.

"That's because no one is as wicked as you." I bat my eyelashes at him and he gives me a smug smile.

"Thanks for the compliment. My answer remains the same." He starts to walk away.

"Klaus, name anything and I'll do it for you." Hm, I kinda do sound desperate. Ugh.

"Anything?" He turns his head.

"Anything."

"I want you to tutor me."

"I'm sorry, what?" I raise my eyebrows in shock. It's bad enough I have to spend the school hours with him, plus math class and now he wants me to go over the entire lessons just for him? No thanks.

"You heard me. Tutor me. I can't graduate with low grades, and if I do graduate with some miracle, I don't want to attend summer school the following two months." He scoffs and looks at me. "So will you do it?"