8: Party

UNEDITED

Klaus gets off of me as soon as he hears Rebekah's voice, and I sit up attempting to primp my hair. She walks into the room and is about to speak to Klaus. That is, until she sees me sitting here.

"Hayley, I thought you were sick?" She looks immensely confused and I look at Klaus, hoping he already has a justification. When he doesn't speak up and his eyes travel down at me, I realize that he has nothing. I look at Rebekah.

"I am. My parents were at work, and since I don't have a car, I asked Klaus if he could drive me to the doctor seeing as he's never at school anyway," I look back at Klaus and greet him with a fake grin. He shoves his hands in his pockets and smirks before averting his attention from me to his sister.

"Right. Odd of me to help her out, but what can I say? The poor thing is ill." I can't help but tilt my head back and roll my eyes at his melo-dramatic tone.

"Oh...Very well," She nods slowly, "And, Klaus, you just happened to bring her back here?" She raises an eyebrow at him. I really hope our swollen lips aren't noticeable anymore.

"We only got here a few minutes ago, she asked me to bring her here knowing school was almost out." He vindicates before I can.

"Exactly." I snap my fingers towards him.

"Rebekah, I do not understand why you don't feel the need to bring your stuff in yourself." Elijah walks in and puts her backpack on the table. She glances at him, shrugging. I freeze when I see him and when his eyes fixate on me, so does he.

"Hayley, I haven't seen you in a while." He sends me a small, warm smile after he says this.

Have I mentioned that Elijah and I have had a fling in the past? He's a year older than us, and we dated when he still attended our high school. Our relationship was sweet, welcoming, and honest. We only broke up by the end of the summer because we grew quite distant due to him attending college now. There was also a chance of him leaving New Orleans to attend college at Columbia, but he chose to stay. For now, that is. We didn't talk much after that. And when I said that he's easy to fall for and hard to get fallen for, I meant it.

"Yeah, I know." I aforementioned. Even with me being here because of Rebekah a lot, it's rare for him and I to come face to face since he's barely home. I notice Klaus eye the two of us as I stand up and Rebekah also watches us with a smile. She's been our rooter since day one.

"You look great." He compliments even though it's unneeded. I did go home earlier to change my clothes, so I don't look like a mess in the previous night's clothes.

"Thank you." I still find myself blushing at the little meanings behind his words.

"I'm going to go make us some snacks, Hayley. Klaus, help me?" Rebekah asks him, obviously trying to give Elijah and I some alone time. She starts walking towards the kitchen, waiting for Klaus' agreement impatiently but he seems to be distracted by something.

"Klaus." She hisses and this snaps him out of it, he looks at her and shakes his head.

"No, I'm good." He plops himself down on the couch and I send him a threatening glare. Why can't he just leave? Rebekah scoffs and goes to the kitchen anyway, most likely hoping Klaus decides to leave also. But he's not the one to leave, Elijah is.

"Excuse me, but I have things to get done. It was more than pleasant to see you. I'll conceivably see you again later on, or soon. Whenever the time is right for the two of us." He smiles softly at me.

Swoon.

He strolls out of the room and I'm left with Klaus still eyeing me. It takes Elijah sauntering out to make me recall what was happening before Rebekah and him arrived.