3: Like A Rag Doll

I groan internally and Rebekah nudges me, as if I'm yet to notice those two goofs standing there.

I shrug it off. It's not like we'll be eating together.

I go to stand behind Kol as they wait for a booth to sit at. Rebekah stands beside me. None of us speak, they don't notice we're behind them. I hope to keep it this way.

My hopes are crushed when Klaus glances around and snickers when he sees us. "Well, well, well, hello sister," he nods at her and rolls his eyes when he sees me, "Hayley." I see his mood has changed from this morning.

Kol's eyes snap around to us and he grins cheekily. "What a coincidence."

"Coincidence my ass," Rebekah murmurs, "Hey guys." She says louder and I don't say anything.

"How's your morning going? I suppose it's going much better than last night." Kol winks and I scoff, shaking my head and looking away while shoving my hands in my sweater pockets.

"Here's how this'll work. You and Klaus will have your breakfast, Rebekah and I will eat at a different booth and we'll all get on with our days." I say to him and he just chuckles in response as the lady working there returns to them.

"You asked for a table for two, right?" She takes out her notepad and Kol turns to her with his most flirtatious smile.

"Actually, table for four."

My eyes widen and Rebekah shoves him to the side, Klaus shoots him a look.

"I didn't know we were waiting for two other people, Kol." Klaus glares at him and Kol keeps that silly grin on his face, wrapping one of his arms around my shoulder, and his other arm around Rebekah's.

"Oh well, here they are."

I shove his arm off and the lady gives us a strange look, "Right...well, uh, right this way." She starts leading us to a booth and Rebekah smacks the back of his head. Klaus shakes his head and follows the waitress, I follow behind him.

I slide into a booth and Kol slides in next to me, Rebekah and Klaus sit at the opposite side.

"Just because we're sharing a table doesn't mean we have to speak to one another." I point out and look straight at Rebekah, who agrees immediately.

"Very well." Klaus nods and Kol lets out a fake laugh. We all turn our heads to him.

"That's funny. Hayley, you're a kidder." He nudges me and I raise an eyebrow at him. "I think we should consider this a chance to bond with each other." He clasps his hands together. I roll my eyes and pick up the menu, scrolling through it.

"Shut up or else the next thing to come out of your mouth will be your teeth." Rebekah mumbles and picks up her own menu.

"You're all Debby downers." He looks at us disapprovingly, once again I ignore him. "Or should I say, Denny downers," He laughs and looks at us for a response he doesn't get.

"Shut up, Kol." Klaus mutters under his breath and Kol shrugs, he could really care less.

We soon order our food, Klaus and Kol get pancakes, I get scrambled eggs with a salad, and Rebekah gets french toast. We're not chattering together, but Klaus and Kol manage to talk over mine and Rebekah's conversation. This is not how I expected to spend my Saturday.

Rebekah's phone rings and she pulls it out of her purse, rolling her eyes when she sees the Caller I.D. Why do I have a feeling it's Marcel?

"Excuse me, I need to use the ladies room." She stands up and so does Klaus. He gets out of their side of the booth so that she can make her way through, I narrow my eyes as she walks away. Is she really leaving me with these two?