13: In Your Arms

Klaus's P.O.V

I watch as she swallows as much of the glasses that she can. It seems to have become a habit but I don't find myself moving at the sight of it. I should be trying to make her tone it down, but I appear stiff and confused. I really want to know what got her to this state once again. It's her last year of high school, she should be spending time with her friends carelessly. Not at bars on weekday nights, occasionally bumping into me.

She glances at me with a smirk while taking her last glass, and I roll my eyes. This'll be her last.

I latch onto her wrist and stand up from my barstool, getting a few inches closer to her so that we can talk at normal voice level rather than yelling over the music.

"You've had enough. Let's go, I'll drop you home." I cut in and expect her to stand up with me. However, I don't expect to get that reaction so easily because of course, she refuses. She shakes her head and makes a gulping noise, pushing me away by my chest.

I raise my eyebrows at her, "Don't give me that, Hayley."

"Don't give you what?" She gives me that charming attitude of hers that seems to have notched up a bit due to her being highly drunk.

"This refusal. I'm taking you home now." I say sternly, not wanting to waste much time.

"I didn't come here with you, Klaus, and I'm not going to leave with you either." She hisses my name and I narrow my eyes at her.

"You are drunk out of your mind, you might get yourself into quite some trouble if you don't listen to me." I explain slowly, tilting my head to the side.

"What do you care?" She scoffs, it's not the first time I've heard these words from her and I'm getting tired of it, "I've never had a problem not listening to you before so if you want to leave then go on without me. I can take care of myself." She continues and ends it off with a sweet smile which I see right through. I eye her up and down, taking in her stumbling condition. She's right, what do I care? If she finds herself in a mix-up, it's not my fault nor is it my problem.

"Fine." I mutter, walking away before something besides confirmation slips out of my mind. I don't leave, though. I stay. I don't have much to go home to besides the four siblings who bore me to death. Clubs and parties have the excitement I need.

I see a particular red-head eyeing me from across the room, her head is tilting and her eyes shine of amusement as her lips form up into a mischievous smile. I spend the first few seconds staring at her before taking the first step. I look back at Hayley to make sure she hasn't wandered off, and to make sure she's safe. Impossible considering the location, but it's worth a shot.

Stop it, Klaus, you shouldn't care.

But I do.

She turns around when she sees me coming towards her, but the smile remains. Once I stand beside her, she looks at me again.

"May I help you?" She asks in a flirty tone, may I add.

"You could offer me some hints as to why you were eye goggling me." I comprehend and she stifles a giggle. I grin at my effortless charm.

"It may have to do with the fact that you're a handsome young man, high school senior at the least, sitting alone. Why wouldn't I be eye goggling you?" She replies and I smirk.

"You seem to be a young lady yourself, how old may I ask?" I lean against the bar on this side of the building.

"You got me there, I'm seventeen. New here." She shrugs. What's up with new kids suddenly coming here? "Uh, also called Genevieve." She introduces, sticking a hand out. I glance down at it.