7: Nothing To Me

I sit glaring at Klaus scrolling through his laptop comfortably laying on his bed from his desk chair.

I look and think for something to do but there's not much to choose from. He refuses to drive me home, my parents expect me to be at school. He's also just too lazy for that and doesn't want to waste his precious gas in the car. The house is empty with the exception of us two.

"Klaus, I'm bored."

"And I care because...?" He trails off, not bothering to look my way.

"You're the one who insisted on skipping school, and I now depend on you to give me something to do." I sound irritated to the max.

"You can always run some errands around the house. I can give you a list, and you can find yourself the way to the supply closet." He smirks cockily and I mutter a series profanities under my breath, offensive to him.

My cellphone rings from my pocket and I rapidly snatch it out, answering it. Klaus' eyes now glance at me.

"Hello?" My eyes are also trained on Klaus.

"Hayley, where the hell are you? And why haven't you been answering your home phone? Are you not at home?" Rebekah's voice speaks sternly.

"Uh, yeah. I'm at home," I stand up and walk out of his room, his eyes following my footsteps until I linger far out in the hallway, "It's just, I couldn't hear the rings from my bedroom. I feel awfully sick." I force out a cough. "See?" Hopefully, it didn't sound brutally fake.

"Oh. You poor thing, why couldn't you come and get me sick also so we could both have a day off?" She sighs, I can hear distant voices since she's at school.

"Next time, Bex." I chuckle and walk down the stairs. I find my way through the dining room, and the first thing my eyes land on are the set of Klaus' car keys on the table. I smirk to myself, picking them up and twirling them around on my finger.

"I'll see you later then, hope you feel better. Mwah." She says after the loud alarming bell rings. I say my own goodbye and hang up.

I walk to the front entrance and gaze up at the staircase. Trying not to make as much noise as possible, I open the front door and scurry out. If he won't take me anywhere, I'll take myself.

~

I try to make the best of not going to school. I go out to a diner and have lunch there. It's not entertaining eating alone but it's better than eating with Klaus.

As I walk out of the diner after my filling meal, my phone starts to ring. Somehow, I know that it's Klaus.

"Where the hell are you?" He growls from the other line.

"Hm, it took you," I pull my phone away from my ear to check the time and then hold it against my ear again, "A half an hour to notice my disappearance."

"I thought you were roaming around my home, maybe having yourself a bite. My instincts were obviously wrong." He sneers. A smirk toys my lips, happy to be the cunning one this time.

"Oh no, I had myself a bite alright."

"Hayley, what made you think you can take my car for your little adventure? Return here with it, now." He demands.

"No, you jerk, you made me miss school and now I'm going to spend my day having fun."

"We can have fun together." He groans, annoyed.

"You're no fun to be with, I promise to return your little Porsche to you once I've had my four remaining hours of a good time."

"Yeah, right. As if you'll keep that promise." He scoffs. "I can track down your IP address right now, little wolf."