29: Explanations & Morning Sex

A/N I'm soo sorry I haven't been updating a lot lately. I'm incredibly busy but enjoy this chapter that you guys might hate me for but don't worry, I bring good news in the author's note at the end of the chapter!

__________________________

My eyes easily flutter open when I feel a hand caressing my arm. I don't need to question who it is. Last night is clear in my mind.

From being a mess on the couch, to seeing my dad with another woman, all the way to coming upstairs to see Klaus on my bed.

I look up to see him already awake, his eyes peering down at me with a smile toying at his lips.

"Morning, sweetheart," He greets, and I sigh as I snuggle closer into his chest.

"Tell me I'm not being paranoid," I mutter and he releases a low chuckle.

"Paranoid about what, love?" He kisses the top of my head and I pull my head away to gaze up at him again.

"About you being extra nice to me for some reason," I playfully swat his chest and he frowns for a brief second which I don't fail to notice. My brows furrow for an explanation.

"Alright, you got me," He fesses up as he begins to sit up, still holding me in the process so that my head lays on his upper stomach.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him, but he shakes his head in response.

"Will you tell me about what happened last night first?" He looks down at me and I groan, bringing my palm to my forehead.

"I was planning on forgetting about it," I answer truthfully and he slowly pulls away to get himself off the bed.

"Not happening, babe," He pecks my lips before strolling to the bathroom, and I hug my knees to my chest while blowing the hair out of my face, preparing myself to say the events out loud.

_________________________

My parents don't know that Klaus is here. I plan on keeping it that way because the less they know right now, the better. My dad was in his own world while watching a SportsNet rerun on TV while my mom brewed coffee in the kitchen. From what I saw, she tried making a conversation from time to time but he flat out ignored her.

Asshole.

Mother thought it was strange how I was taking a whole box of cereal up to my room, but I lied and said that I was feeling extra hungry this morning.

Now Klaus and I munch on handfuls from the cereal box, sitting cross legged on the floor of my bedroom while our thumbs jam onto the buttons on the controller while playing NHL 2K15.

Might I say it, he was schooling me very badly right now but I don't even play this game. Once time's out, Klaus glances at me before turning off the console.

"Hey, I was so going to beat you in the next game," I frown and he stands to turn off the TV before plopping down onto my bed, waiting for me to join him. I eventually do and he stares at me intensely.

"Tell me about your parents."

"They're falling apart and I'm pretending not to notice."

"Hayley."

"They are," I roll onto my back and stare at the ceiling of my room.

"What exactly happened, anyway?" I see him arch his eyebrow from the corner of my eye. I exhale softly.

"When I got back from school, the day Genevieve and I, uh, got in a fight," I say while rubbing the back of my neck after sitting up, and Klaus averts his attention onto the floor, "My mom was a mess. Turns out she and my dad got into a pretty bad fight and he didn't return home until last night." I frown when I realize what happened next.