Chapter 4

-----------

"SHE'S clearly destroying Haizel's body!" I heard a familiar voice as I regained my consciousness. I can clearly hear my mom and dad shouting each other

"Stop it already, Hon. That's Hailey and not Haizel. Can we atleast let her live the way he want?" Daddy want me to live the life I want. He want me to be free.

"And now you are siding her? Why the change of heart? That woman is not my daughter. My daughter is Haizel and not her." My mom shouted at my Dad and I think that was the moment I was stabbed deeply in my heart, again. I really should get used to this.

"I'm sorry Honey but I want my daughter to be happy. I'll take her away." Dad said in his serious tone and start walking towards my direction.

He startled as he saw me watching them arguing to each other for my sake. I released a small laugh and he started to walk again towards my direction and sat at the chair beside my bed.

"I'm sorry if I came late. I'll do my best to protect you, Hailey." I burst to tears as I heard those words from daddy. Suddenly I feel the love I was looking for.

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at marahang pinunasan ang luha ko. "Thank you, Daddy." I sincerely said and tried to sat so I can hug him. Mom walked out as Dad walked towards me. She left while wearing a furious expression.

Bumitaw na siya sa pagkakayakap saakin at hinawakan ang dalawang kamay ko.

"When did you start hurting yourself?" I can see how worried he is right now and lifted my sleeves so he can see my scars.

"10... years ago, Dad." At yumuko ako. I tried different ways to end my life pero nabibigo ako.

From cutting myself, overdosing drugs and hanging myself but still end up being rescued by my sister. And now that my sister is gone, si Daddy naman ang nagligtas saakin.

"I'm really sorry, Hailey. Kung hindi lang ako nagbulagbulagan sa mga nangyayari sa iyo. Matagal na sana kitang inilayo sa Mommy mo. We'll live together now, away from your mom." Napatingin ako sa sinabi mo Dad.

Ano ang ibig niyang sabihin sa 'away from your mom'?

"Dad, are you planning... to divorce Mom?" Gulat na tanong ko sa kanya.

"Yes." Sagot niya pero mas lalo akong natakot sa gustong mangyari ni Daddy.

My mom is a scary person. Even though she locked me to my room, I still know all my mom's crime and I'm sure that father also know them.

"If you divorced her, what will happen to you then? You know mom's personality, right? She'll definitely gonna make you pay like how she wants me to pay for my sister's death." I asked to him. This will be a dangerous move. A very dangerous move.

"Then I'm willing to pay so that you can finally use your name freely."

"HAIIIIHAIIII!" Halos mabingi ako sa sigaw na narinig ko mula sa likod ko. I turned around and saw Cibrina running towards me.

Papasok palang kami ng trabaho and as usual, naghihintayan kami ni Cibrina para sabay umakyat papuntang cubicle namin.

Nang makalapit ito saakin, agad na niyakap niya ako. "Bakit hindi kita macontact? Tapos hindi ka pa pumasok ng trabaho? Ni hindi ka umuuwi ng bahay!" I flinched as she started to throw questions to me.

I tapped her shoulder "I'm fine. I'm actually moving out to our house so I can live with my father."Sagot ko sa kanya na ikinagulat niya.

Naging busy kami ni Daddy kahapon dahil nagsimula na kaming maghanap ng matitirahan naming dalawa. We packed our things and currently staying in a hotel.

"Are you okay with that?" Nag-aalalang tanong niya saakin. I nodded to her and held her hand atsaka siya hinila para makapunta na kami sa elevator.

"Father said that he will help me to fight for my freedom." Masayang balita ko sa kanya sa kanya habang hinihila siya.

We only have 10 minutes bago magstart ang working hours namin. Maraming tao pa namang tao ang nakaabang sa elevator kaya kailangan na naming dalian sa paglalakad.

"Longsleeve." At napahinto ako sa paglalakad. Napatingin ako kay Cibrina na ngayon ay nakatingin sa mga kamay ko. She suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled my sleeve up.

I saw how horrified she was and she started to cry suddenly. Nataranta ako sa biglang pagiyak na ginawa niya. Nagsisitinginan na saamin ang mga taong dumadaan sa pwesto namin.

"Why are you crying?" Natatarantang tanong ko sa kanya at pinupunusan ang mga luha niya gamit ang panyong dala ko.

"You cut yourself again! I told you to stop doing that. How many times should I tell you that? Do you want me to get mad at you? Do you want me to hate you?" She said between his sobs.

I don't know if I should laugh at her now or I should laugh later.

"Ilang araw lang akong nawala, nagawa mo na naman yan. Dapat na ata kitang isama sa susunod na business trip namin para mabantayan kita." She said again while sobbing. Napangiti ako sa sinabi niya at niyakap siya.

"I won't do it again. This will be the last time." What I said is true. This will be the last cut since I finally want to fight for my freedom now that my dad is with me.

"Are you sure about that?" She asked like she was doubting my words.

"I promised. I'll never gonna cut my wrist again." And raised my right hand. Pinunasan ko ang mga luha niya gamit ang panyo ko at ganun din ang ginawa niya.

I'm really lucky to have Cibrina as my friend.

"Look what you've done! Ilalayo ko na ang mga matutulis na bagay sa bahay ko. Hindi parin ako tiwala sa pangako. Baka kapag tumalikod ako, you'll cut yourself again. Naku, ako na papatay sayo kapag ginawa mo yun." She's actually nagging me now but I'm okay with her nagging. That's her personality.

"What do you mean 'You'll cut yourself, again?'" Napatingin kami sa nagsalita sa tabi namin.

Miguel.

-------------