Chapter 26

I woke up with a start. My heart was beating furiously. Am I dreaming? I thought I felt something. I looked up to a figure standing in the dark. I screamed. "Get out!" The figure ran as I chased him through the house and out the front door. I had an idea who it was. I called the cops.
Apparently, whoever it was broke in my front door.
" I know who it was... my damn ex husband !" I exclaimed.
The lady officer took the report. "You have a restraining order on him, Ma'am... if he comes back then call us."
After they left, I felt nervous. I found my phone.
" I need someone here..." I said. " Just tonight."
Tyrell came in with a look of concern on his face. I just fell into his arms.
I told him about the events of the night.
"How do you know it was him?" He asked.
"Because he is trying to take the house back." I told him. He asked if he can do it.
"Yes, he has a year and if he pays it that means I have to leave." I replied.
"Why can't you just pay for it first?" He asked.
"I have other plans, Tyrell.' I told him.
"What other plans?" He asked.  I didn't want to tell him so I gave him a kiss to distract the conversation. I didn't know if I was ready to tell anyone or not. But I know I have to move fast. He stayed with me until 6am that morning.
"Ma, you can stay with us...." said K'Shawn. Jason was in a huff. "Ma, I will hunt him down." I told them to if the situation gets out of hand I would stay with them until I get situated before I move." K'Shawn asked where was I going. I told him maybe Charleston.
"Why?" He asked. I told him. "You two are getting married and I kinda want to see how it is to live..."
"What about Miss Vivian?" He asked. I told him that she was going to die.
"Ma, what if it isn't true. Things might not fall through." K'Shawn replied.
"Yea...if it doesn't then Viv and the rest of them have a lot of work to do. K'Shawn, I want to see different things and maybe have an good experience." K'Shawn smiled and pat me on the shoulder.
"You deserve that Ma." He declared.
I had no plans of telling the Wrights not just yet. And I couldn't tell Tyrell.
He had enough stuff going on. Besides, what should I tell him? This was a fling. And I didn't need him exposing us right now.
I came back to the house to sort and pack my belongings. I had to get out of here because I didn't trust Jeremiah.
I didn't worried Vivian about what was going on with me. I was glad to see that her and Nia were spending time together talking. James surprised me too. He seem to be staying at him more. Vivian was getting a little weak these days. So I found myself taking care of her and back in my old room. Lydia came around looking for Tyrell but he kept his distance.
Vivian now had trouble getting from the bathroom to the bed. She was spotting more from her vagina. I kept her clean and did what I had to do to make her comfortable.
Sometimes I held on to Nia as she cried.
The Wright's household became a solemn place. At nights, I would see James nursing a glass of brown liquor in the living room.
"Look...Babe it's a bad time right now. I can't make it..." I heard him on his cell one night as I was taking Vivian's supper dishes to the kitchen.
Laverne. Knowing her she was worried about some money.
I told him later that I was going to my home to fetch something.
I took my key and turned the lock. When I stepped in side I was knocked to the floor.