Keisha

It was raining. Hard. Not your perpetual cats and dogs but any harder an elephant would come crashing down in front of me. My whole windshield was a blur, nothing but water and white before me. I pulled off the highway and onto the grassy side. It's been a year since Viv died. The day of her funeral was the day I left Sycamore.
Do I still think about him? Yes. When I am alone and my mind is idle. For a moment I can still feel his heart beat and just that moment I can feel him against me.
Maybe there is a season and a reason for why people come and go into your life.
What lessons and curses they teach either make you better or bring you down.
I can say I grew with the situations in my life. I didn't came back to Sycamore for another funeral. I came back for a wedding.
My cell crash my thoughts bringing me back to reality.
"Had you made it yet?" cried Ma. I am not ready for this. The rain seem to slack up.
"Ma, I am on my way." I answered.
"Well, Keshia....you need to stop this thing. It's an sin against God and I am against it. Everyone in town is talking about it. If you would have put a stop to it before it all began. Jeremiah is right about you." I grew angry with her. Because she couldn't see the things that I went through in my marriage and how he treated his son.
"Look, Ma...no matter what I love K'Shawn. I am happy that he has found love. Had Jeremiah had any human compassion and sense he would be happy for his son and not talking about me with you behind my back. But screw the two of you anyway..." I said and with that I hung up my phone and threw the phone down on the passenger seat.
I refused to get guilt tripped on my child's choice in life or let his narcissistic father make me a scapegoat.
I was the only one happy for K'Shawn and then that's how it has to be.
I am not stopping anything. And as soon as it is over I will give my son a kiss and get the hell out of town. Away from my mother and away from my trifling ass ex-husband. To hell with all these mutherfuckers in this town.
The rain had stop to a drizzle. I took a deep sigh and braced myself. Cranking my car I head down the road. Anxiety creeped upon me as I saw the Welcome To Sycamore sign before me. I took in a breath. I ignored the ringing of my phone and turned my radio to an R&B station.
Smokey"s smooth voice took me back......