Chapter 27

I tried to collect myself when again I was hit but on the side of my face. The metallic taste of blood kick my flight or fight senses and I scrambled in the darkness. I felt the kick of his shoe in my side. Pain. I was crawling to find something to get some leverage.
"You stupid Bitch...you had to let him come here in my house!" He cried.
"What!" I screamed. He kicked me again. I was angry. And if I get up... I crawled to a chair.
"You heard me....you fucking Bitch!" Jeremiah's rant. "You screwing the neighbor's kid?"  I climbed over to the couch. On the side table there was a heavy vase. I let my hand rest on it.
"Keisha, I gave you the house...I thought we were going to be able to make it..." he continued.
"So you thought I was going to come back to you?" I asked angrily. I caress the vase.
"Yessss....Keisha, and you always screw everything up!"
"Fuck you Jeremiah! You screwed it up! You cheated on me! You bastard! You beat on me! You had other children on me!" I yelled. " I don't need your fucking house or you!" With that I took the vase and cracked it over his head. There was silence, I hoped he wasn't dead. I hurried, stepped over him to find a light. He was still out so I grabbed my phone from my purse where it hit the floor and quickly called 911.
I sat in the ER waiting to get the cut in my forehead and other lacerations looked at. I thought I heard Tyrell's voice.
Earlier I had just made a statement and did a report with the police. They took pictures of the house and my face and neck. A crime had been committed. Jeremiah will come to in jail.
I decided to give up the house. Too many memories. Not good ones. I kept trying to think about my next move but I heard Nia and Tyrell and a third party with them. I opened my curtain to find Tyrell embracing Nia and Lydia. What was she doing with them? She held on to Nia while Tyrell went in the corridor. I caught Nia's attention.
To Lydia's surprise Nia called out " Miss Keisha!" She ran to me. "Ma's really bad!" I held on to her. Tyrell came back with a gloomy look on his face.
"I can't get Dad..." he replied handing his phone to Nia. I asked him how was Vivian doing.
Lydia took Nia by the arm and replied, "We'll be in the waiting room."
Tyrell looked at me and asked, "What happened?" I told him long story.
"Ma just passed out that's why we were called the ambulance." I asked him about Lydia. "She came back to get something she left and she was helpful." I reached out and touch his shoulder.
The doctor called the family's name. I told him I was the family friend.
I held on to Tyrell as we followed the Doctor to the room.
"Well, when the Cancer metastasis, it move to her liver." He told us. I gasped. "The fight depends on her...but we will admit her tonight."
"But how long?" asked Tyrell. The Doctor who was an white man in his forties shrugged.
"It could be months or weeks. It's up to her." Tyrell broke down and cried on my shoulder. I never thought about my feelings. I could love him but at what cost?
Vivian wanted Grandchildren. I couldn't do that. It would all be a mess. I told him that I had to make a phone call. I forgot about my assault. I called Tasha to tell her the news.
"Girl, I am coming...." she said. I debated whether to call Laverne. It isn't my business. I wasn't judging.
Her phone went to voicemail.
It was an hour before they found her a room. My mom kept calling me. I ignored her. Jeremiah was in jail. I hadn't time to worry.
Vivian condition got worse. It was so surreal seeing her with all kinds of machines helping to keep her alive. I was reduced to tears. Viv was always the good one. The loving one. But I couldn't let her children see me. So I grabbed tissue from a box that was sitting on to the patient bedside table.
I heard a commotion outside the room.
James had came. And so did Laverne. Tyrell was heated.
"Dad, why had you brought her?" Tyrell said sourly. "To finish killing Ma..."
James was angry. " Look get out way so I can see her." I tried to calm Tyrell down. Laverne was giving me this look.
I didn't judge Laverne for what she was doing or did but at the same time Viv was a friend.
"Look everybody got their secrets...." said James giving me a look of contempt. " Your mother sure have hers." With that he went into the room.
Tasha came scrambling in. I held to her. We both held to each other.
" What's Laverne doing in there?" She asked. I shrugged.
I heard Tyrell angrily cursing. Oh Lord.
"Why did you give her my phone, Nia?" We heard. We went to the corridor to find Tyrell, Nia , and Lydia in a heated discussion.
"She is nothing. She is not my girlfriend. She doesn't mean anything to me. She needs to do back where she came from!" Tyrell exclaimed.
" You told me to come here with you!" said Lydia. Tyrell told her that she followed him here. Lydia's eyes fell on me.
"I guess she's your girlfriend. You and her making porn together!" She retorted.
Nia quickly told her that she figured out his passcode to his phone because Lydia told her that one of his friends was going to see that she get home.
Nia was in tears, "I am sorry, Ty.." Tyrell was not mad at his sister only the sadistic way that this woman got into his phone.
He went in his wallet and threw some money at her. "That's your fucking bus fare. Go Home!" He exclaimed as he rushed pass me and Tasha.
Nia broke down crying and I tried to comfort her but she shrugged me off to go to Tasha. I looked at Lydia. A young dumb and diabolical bitch. She picked up the money. I realize that he didn't delete the video.
And Lydia aware of the mess she made got her wish.
I grabbed her by her arm and drug her in another waiting room without people.
" You are going to get your ass on a bus and leave these people alone..." I said to her very firmly. "Tonight." I took some money out my purse. No hell no. I am going to take her to the bus station. I grabbed her ass by the arm.
"Owww...you hurting me!" She yelled.