Chapter 19

I found myself pondering over Vivian's confession. I would look at Tyrell when he was not looking. He had Vivian's eyes but the nose wasn't hers or the mouth wasn't hers. There was no resemblance of James' dark skin or his features. She told me the rest later. James was back at work. Nia was in school and Tyrell well he went back to Medical School. I took up the breakfast dishes. "Gurl, pour me a glass of wine." She exclaimed. "No, you just took some pain pills..." I objected. "Girl, come on grant a dying woman her wish." She said. It been three hours. So we sat on the deck laughing about my situation. How Jeremiah tried to seduce me the other day. "He comes out the bathroom naked with those Dr.J ass high ass tube socks on talking bout Baby, you still hot for me." I told her. We laughed. I was glad to see her laugh. Her color came back. "But there is something going on with you...do tell....you look so unbothered about Jeremiah being there."I said nothing. Well, Tyrell and I was keeping in touch. He would text Good Morning, Beautiful almost every day. And we sext and had phone sex when we got a chance. And there was that amazing dick pic. But I wasn't about to tell her that. I moved the conversation toward the past.
"Well, I found out I was pregnant that's when James and I moved the date of the wedding. I was so sure it was his child, Key. Darryl went back to the Middle East. I didn't tell him. We got married. Remember when Tyrell got real sick. Well, they did a blood test and that's when we found out. James was livid. I told him the truth. So that's why Tyrell and James had a rocky relationship....
"Well, James after cooling down decided to work it out and never tell Tyrell about the situation. We agreed to work it out. I love James. He is a good man." There was silence.
"Well, did you ever hear from Darryl again?" I asked. She nod in the negative.
"He is dead. I ran into his sister about a year after that. He died in Iraq. A suicide bomber."
I decided to go home tonight since James called and said he was going to be home. Nia came in and went straight to her room. I made dinner for the three of them. I fold the rest of the laundry. I had to put the towels in the closet in the bathroom. I walked in on Nia. My heart stopped as I saw blood coming from her wrist. " Leave me alone!" She screamed. She ran to her room. I ran behind her and banged on her door. " Nia....come on let me in...think about Vivian!" I exclaimed. I banged on the door until she opened it. I couldn't say anything. I was hurting too. She was crying. She tried to cover her wrists up. I just held out my arms and she fell into them sobbing.