Chapter 7

"Hello, Keisha...." a familiar voice said on the other end of the line. My soul turned dark.
"What is it, Jeremiah?" I answered. We were due in court in two days. " I called you to talk to you..." he replied. I sat up from my bed and asked, "For what?" I asked.
"The house. I am not going to sell it..." he explained. "We can work it out....since you are the mother of my son..." I was just quiet.
I wondered what game he was cooking up.
I agreed. It was fair. I was happy that I can move back home.
I tried to get the other night out my head. James had apologized to me afterwards. Vivian and didn't really mentioned it. And Tyrell. He was avoiding me. Or we were avoiding each other. I told Vivian about it. She shook her head. " You are still my nurse, but you know if Jeremiah start tripping...you're welcome back."
The next morning I got up dressed in my dress and sandals for court.
I came into the quiet chamber only the judge a bailiff and a stenographer. Jeremiah's lawyer came in afterward. A bald white man of forty, flashing me a smile.I quietly checked my phone and was looking at my Facebook when I saw Vivian posted a picture of me holding two year old Tyrell. She got ten likes from mostly friends. If she only knew that sweet little Tyrell....
Jeremiah came into the door. He was suited well in a navy blue and multi colored tie. He sat on the other. He came in shaking his Lawyer's hand. He has the charm of a rattlesnake.
He gave me this gap teeth grin. " Let's proceed with the estate of Davidson vs Davidson...." the Judge, a white woman in her sixties replied.
So Jeremiah was giving me the house. After the proceedings, I came over and thanked him.
I hurried out of the court, because I know in Jeremiah's world there was a catch to everything.
I went with the business of paying a moving company and paying to get my things out of storage.
I went back to the Wright's for just one more night.
That afternoon, James decided to grill something and we sat by the pool. Nia suggested swimming. It was time I unpacked and wear my black bathing suit. Vivian compliment my taste. I wore my braids up. Nia got me to play Marco Polo. I was having fun. James had invited two of his neighbors, Anthony and Mr. Lee. The ribs was fuming up the Wright's backyard. Then Tyrell and his friends came to join in. It was the guy from the mall and Nathan another one of his friends. They came jumping into the pool. Nathan was trying to flirt with Nia. She was pretty and willowy. She splashed water at him. I was trying not to give Tyrell any attention. But his friend was on the low egging him on. Tyrell splashed some water my way with a grin.
He came closer. " If you think I am gonna apologize for the other night..." he said to me. "I am not sorry..." I was caught off guard and I glimpsed Vivian looking at the interaction between us. " I am leaving and it won't happen again." He gave me this look of pure lust and scoffed, "Yea..."