The Beginning of Something

*****
Just a few things first!

1. Goku didn't die during the Cell games and Buu happened earlier than he did in canon.
2. Pan is Goku and Chi-Chi's daughter. Why? Because I can.
3. This is obviously a Trupan fic with Bulla x Goten, Gohan x Marron as side pairings. If you don't like those couples then don't read the fic- it's that's simple!
4. This story will contain abuse and drug use.
5. This is my only time saying this- I do NOT own Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, or Dragon Ball Super.

One- The Beginning of Something

"Trunks," Bulma huffed, aggravation clear in her voice as she glared at him. "Can you at least pretend to be enjoying yourself?" She asked.

Fourteen-year-old Trunks didn't budge from his spot against the wall where he was sulking. His arms were crossed over his chest tightly as he avoided his mother's glare. "Dad gets to skip these lame-ass parties, why can't I?"

Bulma chose to ignore the swear word and let out another huff as she placed her hands on her hips. "Your father isn't the one that will be running this company one day- you are," she told him. "Try to socialize a little," she said before she walked away.

Trunks followed her with a glare and as soon as she was out of his sight he headed over to the table where Goten was sitting. His best friend had several plates of food laid out in front of him and he seemed to really be enjoying himself.

"Goten, lets go," Trunks said.

"Go where?" Goten muffled between a mouthful of food.

"The arcade-" Trunks glanced at his watch. "It's only 7, it doesn't close until 8:30."

"We're not supposed to leave," Goten said, swallowing some food. "Last year when we ditched the Christmas party my Mom got so mad."

Trunks rolled his eyes, "come on, Goten."

"No way-" he shook his head. "I'm staying here-" he pointed to the table- "safe and away from being whacked with a skillet."

"You're no fun," Trunks said before he turned to storm out of the ballroom. He didn't care if his mother got mad or not, he wasn't staying to socialize. The ones that would always try to talk to him were nothing but suck-ups anyway because they knew that one day he would be their CEO- but that was still years away.

Trunks neared the threshold to take him outside when a soft voice stopped him.

"Where are you going?"

Trunks turned his head as he looked at ten-year-old Pan. "Did Bulla play dress up with you?" He asked. She was wearing one of Bulla's dresses. It was a long-sleeved dark red dress that reached just past her knees. She had on black stockings but she seemed to be wearing her combat boots which made Trunks snort. Her shoulder-length dark hair was still a mess around her shoulders.

"Yeah," Pan let out a heavy sigh. "I told her it was my Christmas present to her."

Trunks let out a snicker as he walked out of the ballroom and into the cold night. It was a few days before Christmas so it was cold outside but as long as he kept his Ki going, he would be alright.

"You didn't answer my question," Pan trailed behind him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm running away," he muttered.

"You're going to the arcade," Pan accused.

"Why do you ask if you already know?"

"Can I go with you?"