Empty

*****
23- Empty

Marron couldn't believe how badly things had turned out. After Pan fainted, the guys had rushed her to the hospital, with everyone soon catching up to them. It was there that Gohan had informed everyone that Yuri had wished for Trunks to forget Pan.

Poor Trunks. Marron could see the confusion in his eyes. He honestly looked lost.

Chi-Chi and Goku had rushed to be with Pan while everyone else sat in the waiting room and tried their best to bring back any type of memory about Pan to Trunks.

"Let me get this straight," Trunks said from his spot squished between Bulla and Bulma. "Pan and I have been dating for three years and have lived together for half a year?"

"Yes!" Bulla nodded her head. "Do you really not remember anything about her?"

"Do you think I'd joke about something like that?!" Trunks glared at her as he held his head. "I can remember all the things you guys tell me, but she's not in any of my memories! It's like it's fuzzy- like something's missing!"

"Well, duh, something's missing," Bulla grumbled as she crossed her arms.

"It's okay," Bulma said as she patted Trunks' arm. "We'll just wait until the Dragon Balls can be used again, and then we'll wish your memories back."

"And what? I'm supposed to just not remember my girlfriend until then?" Trunks huffed.

"I don't think it's that bad," Goten commented.

"Goten!" Bulla hissed at him.

"Hey, hear me out!" He held up his hands. "Yuri wished for Trunks to forget Pan. He said forget, not erase. If Trunks' memory is all fuzzy and feels like something missing, isn't that a good thing? It means he might remember."

"I'm surprised, Goten," Gohan looked at his brother in awe. "That's smart thinking."

"Thank you," Goten said proudly. "I do have my moments."

"He's right," Bulma told Trunks gently. "We'll just need to treat this like a case of amnesia or something. Maybe once Pan has time to rest, if you talk to her a bit, you'll remember something."

"Mom," Gohan stood up as Chi-Chi walked over to the group. Her face looked tired as she sat down next to Gohan.

"How are you feeling, Trunks?" Chi-Chi asked him gently.

Trunks' eyes widened in surprise, and his cheeks turned a faint shade of pink. "I've been a lot better," he said gently. "How is she?" He asked.

"She's okay," Chi-Chi nodded, and Marron could see Trunks' body relaxing. "The doctor said it was exhaustion, and I'm sure what happened was a big shock as well." Her voice was slow and smooth. Something else was wrong, Marron could tell.

"Mom, what is it?" Gohan asked. "What aren't you telling us? Is Panny really okay?"

"Yes," Chi-Chi nodded. "She is, it's just-" she sighed. She looked at Trunks, and her eyes were growing warm with tears. "Panny, she's pregnant."

A shocked silence hung in the air. Trunks' eyes were large as he stared at Chi-Chi. He was growing paler by the second.

"The doctor said that contributed to her exhaustion," Chi-Chi said. "She's only about six weeks along, so not very far at all," she sniffed.

Trunks tapped Bulma's hand on his arm before he turned to look at her. He had a mixture of confusion and fright on his face, and Marron couldn't blame him a bit. "I'm the dad?" He asked, but he had no doubt in his voice. It was like he needed confirmation.