Nightmares

*****
15- Nightmares

Trunks was on the verge of losing his mind. He didn't know why he agreed on such a stupid, stupid bet! Why had he said he could go longer without kissing Pan than she could him? When she had said that, he should have just agreed with her because fighting against his willpower was torture.

It had been four days. Pan had recovered so spectacularly that the Doctors were able to release her home early. Although Pan had no memory of what happened, she hadn't felt comfortable going back to North City, so Bulla and Marron had tagged-team packing the rest of her belongings and moving them back to the East District for her.

They had thrown her a welcoming home party, and the smile that lit up Pan's face when she saw everyone was enough to make Trunks' heart pound. As the evening hours grew, everyone started to leave. Maron had left with Gohan since they still had a bit of packing up in North City. Bulla had been helping Pan with unpacking, but Goten walked by, claiming he wanted to watch a movie, and she soon left to follow him. Now, it was just Trunks and Pan in her room.

"It feels like it's been so long since I've last been here," Pan let out a small sigh as she sat down on her bed. "I mean, I know I've visited, and I've stayed here. It just feels different. Like I'm finally returning home."

"You are returning home," Trunks told her gently. "I can tell everyone's really happy about it."

"Oh yeah?" Pan raised an eyebrow at him. "And what about my boyfriend? Is he happy about it?"

Trunks wanted nothing more than to jump up from the desk, walk over to her, and kiss her. And he was about to until he saw her teasing smirk and knew she was testing him.

"He is very excited." Trunks told her with an easy grin. "In fact, he thinks he might be dreaming. But I bet if he were to be-" he shrugged. "I don't know, kissed or something, he might realize he's actually awake."

Pan picked up her pillow and threw it at him with a laugh. "He can come over here anytime he wants to and kiss-"

Trunks jumped up and quickly walked over to her. He watched as her eyes widened, and her cheeks grew pink, and he felt his heart racing. Her expressions were too cute. He loved seeing this expecting look in her eyes. As much as he wanted to kiss her right then and there, he could control himself for a little while longer.

With a smirk, Trunks leaned down. Pan's eyes were lulling shut, and her pretty pink lips were parted. It took a lot of control for Trunks not to kiss her. Instead, he flicked her forehead.

"Owe!" Pan gasped loudly as she held her forehead. She leaned back and glared at Trunks.

"Ah, yes. It seems I'm entirely awake-" he grinned. "I-"

Trunks phone started to ring, and he pulled it out to see his mother was calling him. He furrowed his brows together. That was strange. Hadn't she left with his father hours ago? She knew he was still there.

"Mom?" He said as he answered.

"Trunks," her voice was quiet. "I looked up what you asked me to. I think you should come see for yourself."

Trunks forced himself not to react. He didn't want to worry Pan. "Alright. I'll be there soon," he said before he hung up.

"What was that?" Pan asked gently. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Trunks smiled. "Mom just forgot that I need to sign some papers for a meeting tomorrow, so I guess I better go."

Pan's lips tugged into a small frown. Trunks hated lying to her, but it was for the best. Her forehead was red, where he had flicked it, and he leaned over quickly and kissed it.