Truth Revealed

*****
17- The Truth Revealed

Trunks opened up the Son's back door and walked into the kitchen. Chi-Chi was bustling across the kitchen, and she grinned when she saw him.

"She's not up yet," she told him.

Trunks let out a chuckle. "Why am I not surprised?" He glanced around. "Where's Goku and Goten?"

"They met up with Gohan and Marron to go get everything set up," Chi-Chi said. "If you can go get her up and keep her distracted until lunch, that'll be great. I'll be gone by the time you guys come down."

Trunks nodded his head. "I'll go get her up."

The house was quiet as Trunks walked up to Pan's room. He opened her door slowly and stepped inside her dim room. A soft smile spread across his face as he walked over to her bed. She was curled up, sleeping peacefully. He almost hated to wake her up.

"Panna," he called as he gently shook her shoulder.

Her eyebrows furrowed together, and she woke up with a small grumble. Her dark eyes peeked open. "Trunks?" She mumbled.

"Good morning, Birthday Girl," he grinned at her. He leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Time to get up. We've got somewhere to be."

Pan let out a small stretch with an adorable whine before she sat up. Her dark hair fell over her shoulders in messy waves. "Where are we going?"

"Get up and get ready and you'll find out," Trunks promised her.

Pan shot up and moved around her room quickly to get a change of clothes before she ran to her bathroom. Trunks chuckled as he watched her disappear and let out a small sigh s as he sat down on her bed.

It was Pan's seventeenth birthday, and everyone had plans to throw her a surprise party. They usually celebrated her birthday in little gatherings, but Chi-Chi wanted to do something big for Pan this year since it was her first birthday back home. He knew Pan would be surprised.

Trunks thought of Pan's last birthday and grinned to himself. It's when they started dating, and he couldn't believe it had been a year already. He felt as if they been together much longer, and he knew there wasn't anyone else he wanted to be. Pan knew and understood him like nobody else could.

She was so special to him. The thought of her made his heart crazy. He'd do anything for her, and so he wanted to make this day a good one for her. He would do his best to keep that smile of hers that he loved so much permanent on her face for the day.

XxXxX

"Woah," Pan's eyes were wide as she looked at the vast and empty ice-skating rink. "Can we really skate? It looks so empty," she commented. Her and Trunks were the only ones around, and from what she heard, the place was usually busy.

"I might have rented it for a few hours, so just the two of us could skate until noon," Trunks grinned as he started walking down the steps. "Are you coming?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"I am!" Pan chirped in excitement as she raced down after him.

There were two pairs of skates already waiting for them, and they changed into them before heading to the ice. Pan was a little unsteady after first and let out a loud gasp before she fell right on her bottom.

Trunks laughed as he helped her up. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," Pan muttered as she rubbed her bottom. "I haven't skated in years," she laughed. "I guess I need to practice a little!"