A Day at a Time

******
20- A Day at a Time

Trunks usually wasn't a very patient guy, but over the last year, he had learned to have some patience.

Especially with everything that was happening with Yuri. It was driving him crazy that he couldn't find the Android, and that there was no way to track him. After they had caught him on TV, his mother had hacked into all surrounding surveillance cameras to try to find Yuri. It ended with him just disappearing, and they couldn't find out where he reappeared.

It had been a little over a month since then. Bulma had programmed Yuri's face into thousands of systems. If a camera caught his face, they would know. But Yuri had seemed just to disappear again.

Pan acted as if it didn't bother her, though Trunks knew it did. She wanted to be tough, and she didn't want Yuri to control her life anymore. Still, as long as he was looming somewhere in the shadows, Trunks knew he would always be someone Pan was fearful of. That made him madder than anything.

They knew Yuri couldn't stay hidden forever, though, so everyone was keeping their eyes on the lookout for him. Pan had been training hard, and Trunks knew she wanted to face her demon and take care of him once and for all. Still, he hoped he would be the one to face Yuri in the end. He didn't want Pan to suffer any more than she already had.

"Trunks," two arms wrapped around him, and he smiled as he glanced down at Pan. "What has you so deep in thought?" She pouted. "You need to be helping us decorate the tree."

The Sons and some of the other Z-Fighters had come over to Brief Manor to celebrate Christmas. Since Pan was going to be there, Trunks and Dumpling had decided to stay a week as well.

"I was just thinking about how I'm going to catch you under one of Mom's mistletoes," Trunks smirked.

His mother and her crazy mind decided to make these mistletoes that trapped a person underneath them until they were kissed. His father hated them with a passion, which meant his mother placed them everywhere. Several people had already fallen victim to them, and Trunks was determined to get Pan under at least one.

Pan laughed, "try all your might, Boxer Boy. It's not going to happen." She leaned back and grabbed his hand, "now come on! Come help us decorate the tree!"

Trunks smiled as he let Pan drag him across the room to the giant tree his mother had gotten. Patience was an important thing to have, though he knew at any moment, their happy bubble could burst. He would just have to take it a day at a time.

XxXxX

Pan watched Trunks' office door with a wide grin. Beside her, Bulla was snickering and trying her best not to cackle. For the last several days, Trunks had tried desperately to get her under one of Bulma's mistletoes. But Pan, thanks to Bulma and Bulla- the ones that put up the mistletoes- she was able to escape every single one.

Trunks' door started to open, and Pan's shoulder began to shake with her giggles. Her and Bulla were hidden just enough that Trunks couldn't see them. He started to walk out, and he had only taken one step before an invisible force seemed to stop him. His blue eyes widened, his brows furrowed. He looked up and gasped.

"Caught, Boxer Boy?" Pan asked as she stepped outside of her hiding spot.

Trunks let out a loud sigh. "You know what? I'm not even surprised," he said. "Let me guess, my mother and Bulla helped you?"

"Of course," Pan grinned as she walked over to him.

"What traitors," Trunks said. A hint of a smirk was crossing his lips. "Though, I can't say I'm mad since you're the one getting me out of it."