Start Over

*****
24- Start Over

Pan stared out in front of her blankly as she laid on her bed. It had been several days since Yuri's awful wish. After Pan had finally gotten some sleep at the hospital, she woke up hoping and praying that it had all been a horrible dream. It was no dream, though. Trunks' memories of her were gone.

Pan had never noticed before just how much of her life revolved around Trunks. She missed him tremendously. She missed the little moments. Like waking up with him in the mornings and fixing breakfast together. How he would drop her off at school in the mornings and always pick her up in the afternoons and how every day was something special and different with him.

Other than hurt and frustration, Pan felt bubbling hot anger in the pit of her stomach. He had used her from the very beginning in hopes of attracting Trunks. The thing that aggravated Pan the most was that she hadn't been the one to take Yuri down; he had blown himself up.

Pan could only imagine the reason as to why Yuri had decided to self-destruct. She figured that the wish for Trunks to forget had been one of Yuri's wishes, but he realized as soon as he said it that he had spoken too soon. One of the wishes had already been granted, and Yuri had just used up the second wish without thinking. On top of that, Gohan and Goten had his arms pinned- Yuri was trapped, and he knew it.

Even though Pan hadn't been the one to take Yuri down, she felt relief that he was gone. He might have erased Pan from Trunks' memory, but she wouldn't let him win! She would make Trunks remember her somehow!

Pan sat up and let out a small huff as she nodded her head. She would work hard to make Trunks remember her, and if that proved to be more challenging than she thought, then she would just make him fall in love with her again!

The door opened, and Pan jumped in surprise as her mother came in. Her eyes were wide and a bunt if a smile was on her face. "Panny, Trunks is here."

Pan could feel her heart pounding against her chest. She knew better than to think that he had suddenly gotten his memories back.

"He would like to talk to you."

"Yes," Pan breathed as she nodded her head quickly. Her eyes widened as she reached up and grabbed her hair. "I need to take a shower first and wash my hair!"

Chi-Chi nodded her head. "Don't worry. He seems like he's willing to wait."

Pan let out a breath and nodded her head before Chi-Chi left the room. She told herself that she needed to calm down, but her heart wouldn't stop fluttering. She was about to see Trunks again.

XxXxX

Trunks glanced around the Son's living room with a sigh. He had memories of this cozy house, but the pictures on the walls that now had Pan's photos in it, he did not.

When Chi-Chi told him that Pan wanted to see him too, Trunks had felt an excited and nervous flutter run through him. He hadn't seen her since he had lost his memories, and she had been crying because of him. Trunks hoped he wasn't jumping the gun by seeing her so soon, but he couldn't help it. Between everyone telling him who she was to him and how his own body reacted to just thinking of her, he couldn't stay away much longer.

Trunks heard her gentle footsteps, and his ears perked. His heart started to pound in excitement, and his stomach gave a little flutter. He stood up from the couch and turned to face the stairs.

Pan's hair was damp, and she was wearing a soft yellow dress. She froze when her eyes caught him, and her cheeks turned a pretty shade of pink. Trunks could hear his pulse in his ears. She was beautiful, and he felt this pull with his body to walk over to her. So he did.