Vanished

*****
13- Vanished

Trunks ran into the waiting room with his father and cane to a sudden stop. Everyone was already there. Chi-Chi was bent over, her elbows on her knees as she shook. Goku was sitting on one side her, his legs twitching nervously, and Bulma sat on the other side, her hand patting Chi-Chi's back slowly.

Trunks swallowed hard as his stomach felt queasy. His heart hadn't rested since his father had woken him up. He walked over and sat next to Bulla, who was leaning against Goten and looking scared. She reached out and instantly grabbed Trunks' hand.

"What happened?" He could barely find his voice to speak.

"We don't know," Gohan said as he sat in a chair cornered by Goten's. Marron was seated beside him, looking pale and worried. "Dende woke me up and told me to go check on Pan. By the time I got to her room-" he let out a shaky breath. "Dad appeared, Kibito Kai woke him up, and Pan- she-" he let out another sigh. "She was shaking uncontrollably, and she was unconscious. She seemed to be having trouble breathing as well. We got her here as fast as we could."

Silence hung in the air. Trunks' stomach twisted the longer they waited. Pan had to be okay. He didn't know what he would do if she weren't. So many thoughts were rushing through his head. Pan was healthy, so what happened?

It felt like hours had passed before a doctor walked out. Everyone sat up straight, and Chi-Chi jumped up.

"She's stable," the doctor said gently. "There were traces of alcohol in her system, but it was faint, giving the situation we are concluding that she had it unknowingly. As for what happened-" he took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. "We've never seen anything like it. She was drugged with a lethal injection similar to what they give prisoners on death row."

Trunks' blood ran cold as his eyes widened. There was no way Pan would have done that to herself. So how in the hell did something like that get inside of her?

"Will she be okay?" Chi-Chi bit back a sob. "What did that drug do to her?" Her body was shaking. "How- she wouldn't have done this!" She nearly shrieked.

"No," the doctor shook his head slowly. "We believe that someone did this to her. The police have been contacted, and there will be an investigation. The drug put Pan's heart into cardiac arrest, and it contained a high amount of sodium, which caused her to have a seizure. We were able to get Pan's levels normal, and her heart is fine, but the drug hit her kidneys before we could reach it, and they're starting to shut down."

"No," Trunks whispered through the silent room.

Chi-Chi was sobbing in Goku's arms. "What do we need to do?" He asked the doctor. It was the most serious Trunks had ever seen Goku look.

"Pan has AB- blood," the doctor said. "It's the rarest kind. We can test all who's willing and if someone-"

Bulla tore away from Trunks and Goten and stood up quickly. "I'll do it!" She said. "I have O type, and it's a universal donor."

Bulma stood up quickly. "Are you sure?" She asked.

"Positive," Bulla nodded with tears in her eyes. "Whatever Panny needs, I'll gladly give it to her."

The doctor nodded. "Come this way-" he held out his arm for Bulla and Bulma. "I know it's short notice, but we need to work quickly."

Trunks watched as Chi-Chi hugged Bulla tightly and thanked her. Soon, his sister and parents left to get Bulla prepped.

Trunks felt unsteady and confused. Something was gnawing at him in the pit of his stomach, and he jumped up quickly. It was early in the morning. The sun was just starting to rise, so the hospital was empty, and Trunks easily found an empty hallway to pace in.