Chapter 23

Dolphingrl21 I know you told me not to give you a shout out but your comments were so sweet and meant so much to me that I had to. Thank you so much 🥺

I saw the meme up there the other day and it's literally me writing all of my fanfics. I just keep adding drama and bullsh*t to this story and wtf is wrong with me-

Third person POV

John has spent the whole day looking for somewhere close to campus to hire him. He didn't want to work too far be he also desperately needed the job.

We walked up to the coffee shop next to campus. He saw one of the baristas putting up a 'Now Hiring' sign. His face light up as he walked inside. "Hey! I saw that you're hiring and I was wondering if I could get a job application?" John said to the man behind the counter. He looked familiar but John couldn't place him. He was wearing the girl's uniform.

"No need" said a voice that John swore he recognized. "3 people quit today, please take the job"

John sympathized for the boy. "Of course. I desperately need the job"

After everything's set up and they started actually working (like an hour later)

"You're John right? You hang out with Alexander all the time"

"Yeah, how'd you know that?"

The man stuck his hand out. "James Maddison"

John gasped. "James?! Oh my god I didn't recognize you! I never pinned you as a skirt kinda guy but hey good for you"

James laughed. "Yeah, I've always liked them but it took a lot of convincing from some people to wear them in public. They helped me a lot."

"Who?" John asked. "Sorry, if I'm allowed to know."

"They should be here" he checked the time on his phone. "Right about now actually"

John smiled as he watched three kids about his age walk in. Of course they helped him. Peggy, Maria, and Samuel walked into the shop laughing about who knows what.

"Hey James" Maria said cheerfully. "And John? Since when do you work here?"

"Since today" John replied.

Peggy gasped. "James you're wearing a skirt in public! I'm so proud of you!"

Sam noticed it too and grinned widely. "James it looks so good!!"

James laughed. "Thanks Guys"

Maria looked at the time and her face fell. "Sorry guys, I have class in a few"

They said their goodbyes and Maria ran out of the coffee shop.

"Poor Mar" Sam said, watching her disappear from their view. "Double majoring has really been kicking her ass"

"She inspires me. I can't survive a single major and she's out here killing two" Peggy said.

————————————————————

Maria sat down on a bench to catch her breath. She had decided to double major after she broke up with James and she couldn't figure out weather it was a good idea or not. She had practically fallen asleep on the bench until...

"Maria!" She heard a deep voice yell. "Are you alright?"

Maria opened her eyes to see Hercules walking towards her. "Hey Herc. Yeah I'm alright." Hercules sat on the bench next to her. "Double majoring in Freshman year has just been kicking my ass"

Hercules took a good look at the girl. She had dark bags under her eyes and she looked flat out exhausted. Like a normal college student, right? Yes but this was concerning to Herc because Maria never let down her composure. He also noticed some of the fading bruises on her face from James Reynolds. He bit the inside of his lip and stood up. "Do you have any more classes today?"

Maria shook her head. "No but I do have a graphic design project due on Thursday that I've barely started"

Herc stuck his hand out to help her up. "Come on"

Maria raised an eyebrow, but took his hand and stood up. "Where are we going?"

"To my dorm so you can rest. Laf's who know's where so it'll be quiet" Hercules answered, walking towards the dorm building with his hand in Maria's.

Maria smiled. No one beside Peggy and Samuel had ever done anything nice to her. "Thank you"

————————————————————-

Lafayette followed Washington around the whole day trying to get his help. He finally got to a point where they could talk.

"Mr. Washington I need your help" He said walking in from of Washington.

"What do you need help with?" Washington asked, sitting down at his desk.

"Um Girl problems..." Lafayette said nervously.

Washington smiled. "Who is it?"

He blushed. "Angelica. I want to ask 'er out on a... how you say... date, but I don't know how"

"Well why don't you give her something she loves?"

"I have seen her reading this book in the library all the time... I could ask someone if she has it!" Lafayette said, getting excited.

"There you go!"

"Thank you!" Lafayette yelled, running out of the room.

Washington laughed. "Anytime son"

Laf ran to Alexander's dorm and broke in. How? No one knows because for once it was locked. "Alex!" Alex popped his head out of a room. He saw Lafayette and stepped into the main room where he was. "Do you know 'ere Eliza..." Lafayette trailed off when he saw Eliza come out of the same room Alex did.

"What's up Laf?" Eliza asked.

"I was wondering if Angelica had this book"

Hey so this chapter is a little bit shorter than I would usually make it but the next one should be longer. But I updated two days in a row! I'm really excited to make some ships sail and focus more on some other characters so stay tuned! Thanks for reading and have a good day/night!