Chapter 3

PEGGY POV

Alex and John were leading us to their friends' dorm. It was only me, Alex, John and my sisters because Maria had to go. Alex opened the door and led us inside.

"Hey Alex, hey John" said a big masculine guy with a bandanna wrapped around his head.

"Is that Alex's girlfriend and her sisters?" Another guys said with a heavy accent. He was tall and skinny and had curly, fluffy hair tied up into a ponytail.

"Yep. Girls this is Laf and Herc" John said pointing to the tall one then the masculine one.

We talked for a bit and it was nice, but I noticed they all seemed to know each other from somewhere.

"Umm do you guys know each other from somewhere?" I asked my sisters. I was meeting these boys for the first time, but they didn't seem like they were.

"Yeah, the ball a few weeks ago! Remember Pegs?" Angie looked at me like that was an amazing night. Well for her and Eliza it was. Me not so much.

~Flashback~

I watched as my sisters dazzled the room at the ball. My father made me attend although there was no reason for me to. I made my way to the snack bar, the only thing I was looking forward too.

I walked around for a bit and it was quite difficult because it was packed. I was wearing high heels because my father wouldn't let me wear flats.

Someone ran straight into me. I twisted my ankle and fell face first into someone's arms. I didn't see who it was because I ran right out of the room. I ran to the garden, my favorite place in the house. My foot hurt pretty bad but I ignored the pain.

'Nobody's even going to notice I'm gone' I thought to myself.

And soon enough, the party ended, not a soul noticing that I left.

~Flashback Ended~

I looked down at my foot. The party was only a two weeks ago so I was still wearing an ankle brace from it.

I sighed. "Oh you mean the ball where I was proven that nobody cares about me? The ball where I hurt myself and ran out, but nobody cared?! The ball that I DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO BECAUSE I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN?! Yeah that was a great night." I forced a fake smile and looked down before anyone could see the tears forming in my eyes.

"Peggy-" Eliza started but I cut her off.

"Don't." I got up and walked out of the room before anyone could see me crying.

I sat in the hall crying for a few minutes, then I heard someone come outside. I figured it was Angie, Lizzy, or John. "Go away" I turned away from the person.

"Nah, I don't wanna"

"A-Alex? Why are you here?"

"Peggy I understand-" I cut him off, apparently I'm doing that a lot today.

"You don't understand! You moved here a year ago and are known throughout the whole state! I've lived here my whole life and am part of one of the richest, most well known families in the country and no one knows me!!" I screamed through tears.