Chapter 20

Thank you colbry for always voting on this story! It means to world to me!!

Random question thank I want an answer to: Do you guys reread this? Because I've seen some of you vote or comment on an earlier chapter after you've already voted or commented on further ones. I might just be crazy but eh.

That's all you can read now :)

TW: MENTIONS OF SELF HARM (if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here, harm is never the answer)

Third person POV

It had been 3 days since the day Peggy tried to open up, but failed. She found herself cutting everyday. Aaron had always asked her if she was doing it or if she was ok or if she needed someone to talk to. Peggy lied to him every single time.

"I'm alright"
"Haven't cut since you saw me do it"

Peggy was so good at lying, that no one had noticed anything, they were all too busy. Alexander had told John what he saw from Peggy that say but didn't tell him what she said, just incase. Alex and John had noticed something what up with her, but they were with too busy to talk to her, or they would try to talk to her and she'd just brush it off.

Peggy continued to get frustrated with school and fail no matter what she did. She ended up pulling herself away from almost everyone. She talked to Maria whenever they were together and talked to Samuel in classes but that was pretty much it.

Peggy sat it her room, trying to study for an upcoming test. She started hitting her head with the book "Stupid brain!" She screamed.

"Are you ok Pegs?" Maria asked from her bed, not looking up from the paper she was writing.

"Just great!" Peggy said in a sarcastically cheerful tone. She groaned and face planted onto her bed.

"Why don't you take a break? That test isn't for a week anyway" Maria suggested, looking up at her friend. (What are you Eliza?)

"Yeah it but I don't study now, I'm going to fail again!"

Maria sighed, knowing that it was no use. Peggy had seemed really on edge lately bu Maria knew that Peggy would never talk about it. Maria's alarm went off. "Sorry Pegs, I gotta go to class"

"Alright, see ya later Mari"

Peggy watched Maria walk out. There was a knock on the door almost immediately after Maria left. Peggy sighed and put her fake cheerfulness on. She opened the door to a freckled face.

"Hi Sunflower" He grinned.

"Heya Jackie, what's up?" She asked, leaning on the doorframe.

"Do I need are reason to see you now?" John playfully asked.

Peggy panicked, thinking that she came off as rude. "No I-"

"Pegs, I was joking" John said, noticing the girl's panic. Peggy let out a sigh of relief.

That's weird, I've never freaked out when John's joked with me before. It's probably nothing.

"S-Sorry I'm just.. stressed out I guess" Peggy laughed and fake grinned. John frowned, but didn't say anything.

"Anyway, Alex and I were wondering if you wanted to come to our dorm, cause we're bored and know you don't have classes right now" John said.

"Um..." Peggy glanced back at her bed with all of her work on it.

But studying...

Oh fuck it, you're gonna fail anyway.

Peggy nodded at her own thoughts, confusing John. "Sure"

"Great, c'mon" John smiled. He honestly didn't think it would be that easy to convince her to come.

In the short walk to John's dorm, Peggy found herself want to grab his hand. All of her was screaming to do it but she was worried that he'd think it was weird, so she decided against it.

"John!" Alex exclaimed as they walked through the door. He quickly noticed that Peggy was with him. "Pegs! I didn't know if you'd actually come. Also I burnt the cookies John"

Peggy laughed and John groaned. "I literally set the timer and all you had to do was take them out!" John yelled in frustration.

Alex rubbed the back of his neck, "Well... I was writing and..."

"You really couldn't've stopped for five seconds? Wait I'm talking To Alexander Hamilton, never mind. But did you hear the timer?"

"Yes I uh... Yelled at it to shut up"

Peggy bust out laughing, a laughter she hadn't done in a while. A laughter that was so pure and so Peggy that it made both boys smile.

There was a sudden beeping and a smell of smoke. "Do you guys smell that?" Peggy asked.

John raised an eyebrow. "Alex, did you turn the oven off?"

"Shit!" Alex yelled running to turn it off. But he was too late. The smoke detectors went off and the trio got soaked.

"Alexander!!" John and Peggy screamed at the same time

—————————————————————

They had finally stopped the smoke and the smoke detector and they were still soaked. John and Alex changed clothes and Peggy decided that it wasn't worth going to her dorm wet so she stole some of Alex's clothes. She would've stoled John's but Alexander's were smaller so they fit her better.

"So what do y'all wanna do now?" John asked.

"Die" Alex muttered into to pillow he was laying on.

"Mood" Peggy said, sitting down next to John while wearing Alexander's joggers and hoodie.

"Same but that's so boringggg" John whined.

"Gosh, you wanna do something AND enjoy it? That's not how being a teenager works Jackie" Peggy snarkily replied.

"Well I'm not a teenager, I'm an adult" John stuck his tongue out at Peggy.

"Well that's not how being an adult works either" Alex imputed.

Peggy and John nodded. "Ok but seriously I'm bored" John said.

"Same though" Peggy said, dramatically putting her head on John's shoulder and kicking her feet over the side of the couch.

They sat there for a moment, thinking. Suddenly Alex shot upright and gasped. John and Peggy sat up too. "What?" They asked.

"What if we make a blanket fort" Alex suggest, grinning like a toddler.

John and Peggy grinned. "Yes!" Peggy screamed. "I'll run to my dorm to get blankets!" She bolted out of the room.

John smiled and stood up too. "C'mon Lex, let's grab all the blankets we can"

Hey y'all! Sorry this is just a quick filler but the next few chapters are probably gonna be fillers. I honestly just like writing John, Peggy, and Alex doing random things. And the thought of a 21 year old, an almost 21 year old, and a 19 year old making a huge blanket fort in the middle of a college dorm room is the most them thing ever. If any artists are reading this tbh I wanna see what you would make for this scene. Anyway that's it, have a good day/night!