Chapter 29

Thank you poppyseed676 for voting!!

So I've been thinking for a while about making Peggy ace in this au. The main reason I originally didn't do it was because I wanted John and Peggy to have biological children. After I thought about it for a while I realized that adopting a kid is totally something they would do. So I really want your guy's opinions on this :)

Also for sake of the story (and my brain being all over the place) none of this goes by real time. Like the dates and stuff idk.... just go with it

Third Person POV

Maria had been struggling lately and it was getting hard for the girls to hide it. They told Eliza because Angelica and Peggy knew. For now they were able to play it off as a stomach flu but soon Maria's stomach would start getting bigger it was going to be obvious. Hercules was getting very suspicious and wanted to ask but it's kind of an awkward topic, especially because he liked her and they hadn't done 'it'.

But today was Alexander and Eliza's anniversary and everyone knew what Alex had planned for Eliza.

"Are you ready?" John asked, fixing Alex's suit for his date.

"I think so" Alex nervously laughed. "But what if she doesn't want to?"

John looked at Alexander with a 'seriously?' look. "Have you seen the way she looks at you? She's totally helpless."

Alex smiled and blushed. "Ok I'll text you when we're done with dinner so you guys can set things up at the hill."

"Got it. Now go see Peggy so she can do your hair"

Meanwhile, Eliza was panicking.

"Eliza calm down! You have plenty of time. Besides we all know Alex will be at least a little late" Theo said.

Eliza sighed. "Ok ok. Let me put my dress on then you can do my makeup. Then Angie can do my hair"

Eliza went to go put on her dress. She hadn't seen it yet because she let Angelica pick it. She saw it and sighed. 'Oh god' Eliza thought.

Eliza walked out of her room into the main room where her older sister and Theo were.

"Oh my god 'Liza!" Theo exclaimed.

"You look amazing!" Angelica squealed.

"Why did I let you pick this?" Eliza muttered, embarrassed. "Isn't too cold for me to be wearing this?"

The dress was knee length, bright blue, and lacy. It was slightly out of Eliza's comfort zone but she had to admit that she did love the dress and think it was beautiful.

"Well if you wear tights it will be less cold" Theodosia pointed out.

"And I have a jacket for you" Angelica said.