Chapter 34

Thank you Depresso__Latte For voting, commenting, and being an amazing person. Also thank you for being mine and Nala's Angelica 💖

Third Person POV

"So they are dating?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive"

"This is gonna be fun"

——————————————————

"Are you ready?!" Peggy asked Maria excitedly.

"I think so" Maria looked at Peggy. "Peggy, I'm scared. What if there are multiple like you said yesterday? What if there's actually not a baby there and something is really wrong? What if the baby is not ok? What if-"

Peggy cut Maria's rambling off. "MARIA!"

"Sorry" she muttered.

"Look, I don't really think anything can go wrong on your ultrasound. And if there are multiple babies, it'll be ok" Peggy hugged Maria. "You are literally the strongest person I know, whatever happens I know you'll be able to handle it"

Maria wiped the few tears that fell, 'so this is what being loved feels like' She thought. "Thank you Pegs" She smiled.

"Of course" Peggy nudged Maria "Ria"

Peggy laughed as Maria blushed. "Please don't start calling me that"

"I won't Mari, don't worry. By the way, is Herc going with you?"

"Yeah, he's coming over here soon" Maria answered.

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. "Well, I guess it's time to go see if I'm having a son or a daughter" Maria said, smiling slightly while trying to hide her nerves.

Peggy hugged her again. "Good luck Maria"

"Thanks, either me or Herc text or call you what happens"

Maria walked out of her dorm to see Hercules standing there. "Hey Ria, you ready?"

"I think so" Maria laughed lightly.

They started walking down the hall and Maria tapped her fingers on her thigh nervously. Hercules noticed and grabbed her hand without saying anything.

They got to Hercules's car in the parking lot. It was obviously an older car, judging by the fact that the dark blue paint was fading in spots, but it was a good car and more than Maria had.

Hercules was driving to the hospital when a question popped into Maria's head. "Hey Herc?"

"Yes?" Hercules glanced over at her for a second then looked back at the road.

Maria hesitated. "What are we?"

Hercules smiled slightly. He stopped at a red light and turned to face her. "We're whatever you want us to be"

Maria sat in thought for a moment. "Can we be dating? But with less dates because I don't know if I can... yeah"

Hercules pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. He grabbed Maria's hand and kissed it. "Then Maria Clement Lewis, will you me my girlfriend?"

Maria smiled and kissed him. "Yes"

They got checked in and were in the room waiting for the doctor after the nurse left. The doctor came in and got Maria situated on the operating table.

"Ok I'm going to put some gel on your stomach. It will be cold" The doctor said.

The doctor started putting some clear gooey gel on Maria's stomach. Maria winced and contracted her stomach slightly. Partly because, like he said, the gel was freezing, but also because it made her think of James.

She closed her eyes and focused on breathing. The doctor was done putting the goo on her stomach and used a wand over it. This is where Maria wanted to pay attention.

"It looks like..." Maria and Hercules looked at each other awaiting the response. "A girl!" The doctor announced. "Congratulations"  The doctor moved the want around again. "And it looks like there's a boy here too! You seem to be having twins Ms. Lewis"

Maria and Hercules looked at each other in shock. The doctor continued, "But you seem to be in good shape so you can get cleaned up and you can go, if you want to ultrasound pictures you may ask for them up front"

The doctor gave Maria a wet cloth to clean the goo off her stomach. The doctor left and Herc walked over to Maria. "So" He sat down next to her. "I guess we're parents of two"

——————————————————

Maria hugged Herc as she walked back into her dorm. "I'll talk to you later"

"See ya Ria"

Peggy heard the door open and she ran over immediately. "Hey Mari! How'd it go?"

Maria laughed and sat on the side of Peggy's bed. Peggy sat next to her. "Sorry I didn't text you, this was just better said in person"

Peggy got worried. "Oh no Maria did something...?"

"No no it's good I promise. Well I think" Maria muttered. "I'm having twins"

The entire building shook from the screech Peggy let out.

"TWINS!? AHHHHHHHHHH" Peggy screamed.

Maria laughed nervously, hoping no one was trying to sleep or study. "Yeah, one girl, one boy"

"I was thinking Susanna for the girl but I don't know about the boy. I'll probably ask Herc about it later"

Peggy smiled. "I can't wait to meet them"

Hiiiii!!! So shout out to Nala and G for helping me with ideas for this chapter. Also I don't know if any of you have had an ultrasound but that goo stuff I was talking about is so freaking cold. And I do have a name for the boy picked out (courtesy of Nala) Anyway uh thanks for reading and have a good day/night!