Chapter 13

Ok before I start the chapter I wanted to say that the SDR thing was inspired by MishaIsOurOverlord1 's Mute Alex Lams book. Go read it, it's amazing. Anyway you can read my trash now.
JOHN POV

Peggy and I have been missing classes all week because Pegs does have a concussion so me and Alex are keeping her in our dorm. She's also been wearing glasses all week. Apparently she already had them but I've never seen her wear them. I mean I'm not complaining, she looks adorable. (But when does she not) Anyway, now we're about to play MarioKart until Alex comes back from his classes. Alex thought about missing classes for Peggy for 20 whole seconds so me and Peggy think it's a win.

"John can I have cookies?" Peggy begged giving me puppy eyes. I started baking her cookies and now she won't stop asking me for them. I laughed and grabbed some chocolate chip cookies off the counter. I walked back over to the couch where Peggy handed me a controller.

Peggy's been a lot better lately, but she seems stressed out about something.... I think Sam is in her classes that Maria's not in so I might ask him to keep an eye on her.

-TIME SKIP TO AFTER THEY PLAY MARIOKART FOR HOURS-
PEGGY POV (oml y'all I was going to write part if this in John's pov but I've gotten too used to Pegs pov XD)

"HA!" I screamed jumping off the couch. I turned and pointed at John. "I've officially won more races than you!"

John pretended to pout but I heard him snicker a little.

"Hey lovebirds, I'm back! I hope you didn't do anything disgusting while I was in class" Alex laughed, walking into the dorm.

"We just played MarioKart Alex" I glared at him as I spoke.

"Did you kick John's ass?" Alex asked in a fake serious tone.

"Definitely" I smirked.

"Good" Alex tried to be serious again but he laughed.

"Y'all are mean" John grumbled as I giggled at his southern accent slipping.

I thought of something I've been meaning to ask them for a while now. "Alex, John..." They both looked at me as I trailed off. No, I have to ask them. "What's the SDR?"

The boys exchanged a look. I can't really read their expressions. "Peggy did your sisters really not tell you about the SDR?" John asked.

I looked at the ground and grumbled. "They don't tell me anything"

Alex sighed then started explaining, "Pegs the SDR, or as they like to call themselves, 'The Southern Motherfuckin' Democratic Republicans', is a group that basically just tries to ruin people's lives. The people in it are Tomas Jefferson, James Maddison, James Reynolds, King George, Charles Lee, John Adams, John Jay, and like a handful of other kids, but the ones I named are the biggest douche bags"

"Oh" That's all I got out. Put these people try to ruin lives, what would they do to my friends if I didn't listen to Stephen? I don't wanna find out.

John started talking which pulled me away from my thoughts. "Why were you asking Pegs?"

"Oh I just heard it come up and I got curious" I lied. God I hate lying to John and Alex but it's the safest thing to do. Luckily it seems like they're buying it, or at least not going to ask me about it. They haven't been asking me many questions the last few days, though I can tell they have them. I wish I could tell them.

"Alex one of us needs to go shopping" John said after going into the kitchen for a second.

Alex groaned. "But I just got backkkkk"