Untitled Part 19

~Ashton Irwin~

She flashed a smile, shaking her head. "No, of course I don't mind."
I shrugged, "I-I don't know."
"Break-up?" She asked in a tone of statement.
"Something like that." I muttered. "How'd you know?"
She chuckled, "I assumed that was the leading cause of people at our age to drink their sorrows away."
"Right. How old are you?"
"16." She said simply. "You?"
"18." I answered. "You're a bit young to be here, don't you think?"
"Well yeah," She admitted, "I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for my best friend. No one would bother stopping me from going here anyway. I can go anywhere I want because of my dad."
"Well, you really shouldn't be here alone. The guys here are older and let's face it, none of them are sober. It's not safe for you."
A grin spread onto her face. "But you'll protect me, right?"
I nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, of course."
"Then I have nothing to be afraid of." She stood up from her seat. "Come dance with me."

I followed her to the dance floor, the speed of the music becoming slower as if on cue. She smiled as she wrapped her arms around my neck and I held her by the waist.
"You know Ashton," Rebecca whispered against my ear. "I don't know why or how but that girl was stupid for letting you go."
A small frown tugged at the corners of my lips; weighing them down like an anchor. Was she crying on the other side? Or has she already forgotten and replaced me?
"If I were her, I'd be so lucky to have you."
"Thank you." I felt obligated to say. "I'm sure you'd be the perfect girlfriend."
"Do you really think so?" She asked, her green eyes staring up at me.
I nodded, "I do."
She smirked, "If you really think so, I'll see you again next week."
"I'll think about it." I said honestly.
She nodded, handing me a piece of paper. "When you decide, you know how to contact me."
"Of course."
She smiled before kissing my cheek. "Goodbye Ashton. See you."
"Bye."

Calum and Luke wiggled their eyebrows towards my direction.
"What?" I looked at them questioningly.
"Are you going on the date?" They asked excitedly.
"I don't know. Should I?"
"Yes!" They exclaimed.
"How else are you going to get over that b****"
"Don't call her that."
"It's true." Calum said. "She's a b**** and deserves it."
"I said, don't call her that." I warned him, stepping closer.
"Mate," Luke said as he brought an arm between Calum and I. "Don't tell me that after what happened you're still going to defend her."
I sighed, stepping back as I surrendered. "Sorry."
They shook it off. "It's okay Ashton. But please," they pleaded "you need to get over her."
I nodded, "maybe you're right. I do need to get over her."

Although, I'm not sure that I can.

(Sorry, I know it's short. I'm typing this on a phone. On the other note, I'm making a play list. Comment some songs you think would relate to this story or any suggestions. :) Gotta go before battery dies. Bye!! -Yannaxx)

*Update Starts Here*

I stared up at the ceiling. It was was one o' clock in the morning and I was wide awake, laying on the top of my bed.

"You need to get over her."

The next morning, I found myself twisting and turning my head back and forth, indecisive of just what to do. Forgetting her and finding someone else is what anyone would tell me to do; what would be the right thing to do. To save my pride and keep it close to my chest but all I really can and want to do is just hold her.

She slept with my band mate.

It was hard to accept and I still feel this sharp sensation piercing through to my heart.

"I'm sorry."

I want nothing more than to believe her.

I tossed the car keys in my hand and left my apartment. Starting the engine, I headed off to the club.
I walked inside the small building, earning glances from the employees that lasted for barely a second. It was safe to say that I was a familiar face at the bar since I had been visiting Madison so often. Some of the cocktail waitresses passed by, walking tall and proud as they showed off massive amounts of cleavage. I dismissed their looks and headed straight to the bar, hoping to find Madison.

"Ashton?" I turned to face Kira. Her lips parted slightly and her brows partially raised; surprise hinting at her face. I couldn't blame her; standing here, I still wonder why or what brought me to be searching for the girl that broke my heart without the shred of effort.
"Have you seen Madison?" I asked.
She shook her head. "She hasn't been to work for the past days and I doubt she'll be here today."
"Have you heard from her at all?"
She smiled weakly. "The last time I heard from her was on the phone. She told me that you found out about her sleeping with one of your band mates."
I sighed, "Yeah. Yeah, she did."
Her eyes looked up into mine. "And you still love her."
I shifted my gaze away from her and down to the floor as I leaned against the bar.
"Ashton, it might not seem like it and she'll never admit it but believe it or not, she needs you."
"I-I don't know."
She shook her head. "That's what you're telling yourself."
"Look, she got what she wanted. She made me fall in love with her, only to break my heart. She won and it's game over for me."
"Ashton-" She called after me but I continued to walk away.

I jammed my fist into the brick outer wall of the building, earning looks from the pedestrians passing by. I hopped into my car and continued to drive. When I stepped out, I found her words making their reappearance.

"...it might not seem like it and she'll never admit it but believe it or not, she needs you."

I approached her apartment. Her door was opened a crack, the light of the hallway peeking into her dim apartment. I walked in, standing in front of the door as I stared down at her. Her eyes squeezed shut and her cheeks tear stained. She sat onto the cold floor with her back against the door as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I moved toward her direction, careful not to startle her as I wiped her tears with my thumb.
"Sh," I whispered, "It's okay."
Her eyes opened slowly, looking up at me as they did. "Ashton?"
I nodded.
"What are you doing here?" She said barely over a whisper.
I chuckled slightly. "I told you," I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "you can't get rid of me."
"I'm sorry." She croaked out.
I shook my head, placing a kiss to her forehead.

"If you don't leave me with any hearts to break I think I'll have to break yours."
I chuckled. "I'm willing to take the risk."

"You warned me from the beginning.
I said it back then and I'll say it again,
I'm willing to take the risk."