Chapter 5

~Ashton Irwin~

I stood there in silence as she ran away. Dammit Ashton. You could have said something. You should have said something. I just didn't know what to say. Even if I did, I didn't know if I was able to release the words from my mouth.

The next day, I went back to the club that Madison worked at. She was out of my sight so I decided to walk up to someone I assumed was her friend. The girl wore the same skimpy outfits that Madison would typically wear, for work I assumed. Her blue eyes met mine before she spoke up.

"You here to see Madison?" She asked automatically.
I nodded. "Is she here today?"
"Not at the moment, no. I think she's coming in late. How about I call her?" She suggested.
"Yeah, that's a good idea." I agreed.
She smiled politely as she excused herself to make the phone call.

"Well, hello there." I turned to see a girl walking towards me. She walked slowly and smoothly in her 6 inch high-heeled stilettos. She smirked playfully before sitting down in a chair across from mine. She stretched her arm out, placing her hand on my chest as she bit her bottom lip. I distanced myself slightly, hinting at my discomfort. She sat back in her chair, placing one leg on top of the other. She tapped her heel at the side of my shoe, stretching out the legs her strapless mini dress emphasized.
"What are you doing here alone?" She asked.
"Uh- I'm not really alone. I-"
"Have a girlfriend." A familiar voice said.
I looked up to see Madison standing in front of us. Her eyes left mine and fixed onto the girl that was sat across from me.
"You heard me."
And with that said, the girl rolled her eyes and walked away.
Madison turned back to face me. "We've been dating for a day now and you're already hitting on a girl?"
"What?" I said in confusion.
She chuckled. "Just kidding." She turned and gave her signature wink to a guy at the end of the room.

Before she could walk over to his table, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. The tips of our noses touched slightly and we were less than a centimeter apart.
"I'm not letting any guy have you."
"Oh really?" She said. "If I can't have any guys, to make it fair, you can't have any girls."
"Fair enough." I said, watching the man in the corner of my eye. "I don't have an eye on any other girl anyway." The man approached until I closed the gap and kissed Madison's lips.
She smirked. "If you don't leave me with any hearts to break I think I'll have to break yours."

I chuckled, "I'm willing to take the risk."