Chapter 2

~Ashton Irwin~

"Ashton!" At the call of my name, I snap out of my trance and turn around to face Luke.
"One second."
She shook her head, "No worries, I didn't want to bother you anyway." She walked off past the groups of people and went over to the bar where she worked. I turned back to Luke, nudging him lightly as I followed the direction of his eyes.
"Quit it."
"What? I was just checking her out." He mumbled innocently as he pouted his pierced lips.
I rolled my eyes. "So, what did you want?"
"Michael and Calum are drunk so you need to drive."
"Where are they?" I asked as I looked around the club.
"They're-"
In an instant, I saw Michael's crazy coloured hair. Convenient.
"Never mind." I walked over to Michael who was at a table talking to some strangers while Luke went over to Calum who was dancing without a care in the world. I chuckled as he began to twerk. I need to record this, I thought and took out my phone. After I was done laughing at the sight, I dragged Michael to the car.

"Who are you?" Michael laughed.
"It's Ashton."
"Ashton? Is that you?? You look hot." Michael blurted out.
"Yes, it's me and I know am."
"But not as hot as me." He smirked.
I rolled my eyes. Even drunk, he was still Michael.
I opened the door and put him in the back of the car with Calum while Luke was in the passenger seat.
"Thank you."
Luke raised his eyebrow. "For what?"
"For not being drunk." I explained as I looked back at Michael and Calum. "Two is already more than enough to handle."
Luke chuckled. "You're welcome, I guess."
I started the car and pulled up out of the parking lot. I drove carefully into the darkness. It was a little past two o'clock in the morning but to my surprise, I wasn't sleepy just yet.
"Who was that girl you were with?" Luke suddenly asked.
I shrugged slightly. "I don't know. I was just helping her. Some guy she was with-probably drunk-was trying to get with her."
"You sure she needed the 'help'? By the looks of it, it probably didn't bother her."
I didn't respond to Luke's comment, my eyes locked straight ahead while I thought back to what she said to me in silence.

You know, you didn't have to. It's true. I am a slut.

When we got home Michael, Luke and Calum were all sound asleep but here I was, wide awake. I stepped out for some fresh air. The cold morning wind passed by, entering my lungs slowly as I looked up at the sky. It was dark, completely if not for the stars that shone some light through it. In the darkest points, there was still light. There was no such thing as complete darkness, and that's what people couldn't understand.

~Madison Williams~

I groaned. What was that? I hid my face in the palm of my hands. What the hell Madison? I'm the heartbreaker; I'm in control.
"How'd it go?" I looked up to see Kira, shaking my head in response.
"He was drunk and tried to get me into bed with him. I probably would have if it weren't for-" I cut myself off.
She raised her eyebrow as she questioned, "If it weren't for?"
I shrugged lightly, twirling curls around my index finger as I thought back to the events. "Some guy. Couldn't mind his own business and chased Justin away."
"So this guy," She summarized ,"he's your mysterious hero who saved you from him?"
I scoffed. "Hero? He isn't a hero and he didn't save me either. He's some nosy stranger who can't mind his own business. Because of him Justin is probably never going to come back and I won't be able to break his heart anytime soon. He took my target away from me."
"It's one guy." She reasoned with me. "There's many more out there."
I huffed in defeat. "I guess."
"And why is it such a big deal to you? Why is it so important to break their hearts?"
"Because," I said. "It just is."
She rolled her eyes. "If you say so." She mumbled.

People couldn't understand the importance of it but to me, it's the one thing that matters. Maybe one day they'll understand why I do what I do. All I know right now, is that I can't stop and that I won't stop.

~The Next Day~

I woke up the next morning to the sound of banging on my door. I groaned as I checked the time displayed on my phone. It was early in the morning and I worked night shifts at the bar; I was really tired and needed the sleep. I forced myself out of bed and approached the door. Who the hell is bothering at this hour?
I opened the door to see a seemingly intoxicated Daniel leaning against the door frame with a smile tugged at his lips.
"Madison." He slurred with a laugh, "How've you been?"
"Daniel, are you drunk?"
He ignored my question completely as he leaned forward. "Did you miss me, baby?" He said; losing his balance and stumbling to the side. "'Cause I missed you."
He attempted to kiss me but I pushed him away. "Daniel, you're drunk. You should go home."
"Why did you leave me?"
"Daniel." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Please."
"Was it because of him? Did you leave me for him?"
I raised my eyebrow as I looked at him in confusion. "Who? Daniel, what are you talking about?"
He sighed. "Don't lie! I saw you with him yesterday! I went to the bar to see you and I saw that you were with him. Is he my replacement, Madison? Is he?"
I then realized that he was talking about Justin. Whatever he saw between me and Justin didn't matter in the least anyway so I decided to dismiss it. "Look, Daniel. I'm not going to put up with you so just go and get yourself together." I closed the door before he hand anything to say.

I got out of the taxi and walked down the street to the club where I worked at. In front of me I saw a couple walking in my direction. The guy looked about my age and the girl was, I'd say, two years younger. Within a second, he started checking me out. Smirking, he met my eye contact to which I responded with a wink. The girl wasn't in the least pleased with our behavior and glared at me with a grimace.

"Slut." She muttered as I passed by. I shrugged it off as always and got into the club.
"Hey." I was greeted by Kira.
"Hi." I mumbled.
"Tired?"
"Extremely."
"Why didn't you get any sleep?" She asked.
"I did but then Daniel woke me up." I said bitterly.
"Daniel? Didn't you two break up?"
I nodded. "That's the thing. We broke up but he showed up drunk at my apartment and started asking who I was with."
She shook her head. "Poor, poor guy."
I rolled my eyes and turned to take an order.
Taking out my notebook and a pen, I asked "Hi, I'm Madison. I'll be your cocktail waitress. What would you like?"
"I'll take one Vodka please."
I looked up from my paper to see the same brunette. "You?"
He grinned. "Not happy to see me? After saving you from that guy."
I rolled my eyes. "You didn't save me and no, I'm not happy. What are you even doing here?"
He chuckled. "That's no way to talk to a customer is it?"

I sighed. "What do you want?"
"To get to know you. I'm Ashton."
"Madison."