Untitled Part 12

~Madison Williams~

"Madison." I looked up to see Michael standing in front of the counter. I smiled slightly; ignoring the direction of his eyes.
"Hi Michael. Need anything?"
"Uh yeah, are you free the rest of the night? Like after your shift?" He asked.
"Well, yeah. I don't have any other places to be after midnight."
"How about my bedroom?" He asked straight-forward.
"Excuse me?" I asked, taken aback. I just genuinely didn't see it coming from one of Ashton's friends.
"How much does Ashton pay you? I'll pay double if I have to." He offered.
"He doesn't pay me anything." I stated, "I'm not a prostitute."
Michael was just another typical guy. Weak to the knee for a little teasing and a little skin. He was an easy target and I was going to break him. I was sure of it.
"So, are you-"
I leaned in, my red make-up stained lips against his ear as I whispered "You've chosen the right girl." I smirked. "I can guarantee your satisfaction."

My shift was over and I was in the car with Michael; headed to his place. He opened the door, "After you."
I entered his house with him following; closing the door behind. "Please," I patted my hand on the seat beside me.
He walked over and sat down on the seat beside me. I smirked as I sat down on his lap, facing him. "Close your eyes." I whispered. He obeyed my command, like they always do. "So tell me Michael," I placed my fingers on his chest. "What exactly has Ashton been telling you?" I leaned in, my face less than a centimeter from his face.
"What Ashton said?"
I nodded, placing a small, teasing kiss at the corner of his mouth.
He shrugged, "He didn't say much that I can remember."
I pushed him down so that he was laying on the couch. I placed my lips onto his, my tongue sneaking its way in.
"All I know is that you've got him wrapped around your finger for a reason."

~The Next Day~

I left Michael's and went back to my apartment for breakfast. I closed the door behind me, throwing my jacket and bag onto the couch as I headed towards the kitchen. I popped two slices of bread into the toaster and poured some orange juice into a glass while I was waiting. I sighed, sitting down on a chair; my bare feet touching the cold floor of the kitchen. you've got him wrapped around your finger for a reason. There was a reason, one that I was very much aware of; because it was the same reason every single time. It was the same reason Michael payed any attention to me in the first place. It was the same reason Daniel was so easily under my spell. And, I guess, it was the same reason why Ashton was chasing after me. Not that it was a new concept to be looked at. I'm a heart-breaker. I play games and have fun and then I leave. It was as simple as that.

It was 8 o'clock and I was stuck on the couch instead of standing behind the counter of a bar, where I should be working. My phone buzzed and Kira's name appeared on the screen. I answered it.
"Hi, Kira. I'm not in the mood to go to work. Can you tell them that I'm sick or something."
"Yeah, sure. I hope you get better."
"Thank you, bye." I ended the call a few seconds before she did the same.
Knocks sounded on my door and I ignored it. I took a drink of my wine and sat there in silence. The person behind the door continued to knock and I continued to ignore despite my growing annoyance.
"Madison?" I heard Ashton's voice behind the door.
I got up to open it for him and sat back down on the couch.
"Madison, you weren't at work, I was worried maybe-"
"Just cut it Irwin."
He raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Cut what out?"
"You and your 'concerned' act. I'm sick of it."
"Madison, I'm not acting. I care for you and you should be able to know that by know."
"Really?" I chuckled. "You care about me. Well, fine then." I surrendered before crashing my lips onto his.
"Madison-" He pulled away only to be cut off by my lips once again.
"Madison, what are you doing?"
"You know what? Why don't we just get over this?" I threw off my shirt.
"Madison, stop." Ashton backed away.
"Why?" I asked. "Isn't this what you want? Isn't this why you've been so nice to me? Why you saved me from men at work? Why you make me breakfast? Why you take me canoe riding?"
He shook his head. "No, Madison. I don't want to sleep with you." He held onto my hands, rubbing the back of them with his thumb. "I haven't been nice to you for no reason. I'm not looking for sex."
"Isn't that what they all want?!" I snapped. "All of them! That's all they want. Sex. Do you think I don't notice the stares men give me when I walk down the street? They think I'm a prostitute Ashton. That's all they want and that's all they're ever looking for."
Ashton began shushing me as he wiped away tears I hadn't even noticed falling down to my cheek.
"You might as well get it over with."
He shook his head, holding my face in his hands. "Madison, I can't force you to believe me but at least listen."
I looked up into his hazel eyes. "Madison, do you want to know why I keep bothering you? Why I saved you from that guy that night? Why I told that guy I was your boyfriend to scare him away?"
I nodded without saying a word.
He grinned. "I did it because I knew you were different. Because from everyone else's view, you were a slut. But I knew that wasn't you. I know, and I can see deep down, you're not the person you claim to be."
"Then, who do you think I am Ashton?"
He placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "That's what I'm trying to figure out."
He picked up my shirt and placed it back on me before taking my hand and putting it in his. "Goodnight Madison." He stood up and headed for the door.
"Ashton wait."
He turned, facing me.
"Can you stay the night?"
He nodded. "I'll take the couch."

He carried me to my room; carefully setting me down onto my bed. He wrapped a blanket around me, "Goodnight Madison." He kissed my cheek and left.