Chapter 29

~Madison Williams~

"Madison?"
All three of our heads turned to face the source of the voice. He stood parallel from me at the end of the narrow hall. His eyebrows were slightly lifted and a little gap was resulted from the parting of his lips. His soft eyes jumped from theirs before laying onto mine.
"Ashton." I smiled as he approached me.
"Is everything alright?" He questioned before wrapping his arm around me.
I nodded, "Yeah, I'm doing just fine."
He smiled slightly as he turned to my sister. "So you've met Rebecca. She was actually the one I was going to introduce you to today. I didn't think you already knew her."
"She's the one who got you this gig?" I tried to mask the surprise in my voice.
He nodded, "Yup, that's her."
"Wait a minute-" Rebecca turned to point at me, "She-she'syour girlfriend?"
Ashton chuckled. "Yeah, why do you all seem so surprised?"
All three of us stood in silence as none of us felt the need to explain a single thing. Not even the intention of uttering an answer was considered. This very situation we had met ourselves with right now, it had been something I had long been dreading. To go back through a timeline, to see my past unravel right in front of me, was like opening up my own Pandora's box. But I knew, that this very time was only the wrapping of the box and the major part, the center of it all, I had yet to open.

"Mr. Anderson," Ashton chirped before extending his hand, "nice to meet you. I've been so excited to play in front of you. It's quite an honor."
"Thank you but I wouldn't say it's an honor just yet. After all, I'm still running the campaign."
"Well, you do have quite the lead, sir." Ashton reasoned.
He nodded with a smile, "And I'm very grateful for that. As for performing, you can thank Rebecca again as I'm sure you have already done. I couldn't resist the persistence of my daughter. After all, she insisted on watching your band. She told me how talented you are."
Rebecca's eyes shifted to meet mine. With one glance, all of her hatred and all of her rage was presented in such strength that was enough to wear me away. Watching her deadly glares and interpreting the intentions behind them, made me begin to wonder. If she wasn't ignorant to the truth, if she knew who I really was, would that really change anything? Would she be glad or disgusted that the sister she used to look up to was nothing but a whore? Even if she knew that I was alive, she probably would have wished I were dead.
"Daughter?" Ashton repeated in disbelief.
He chuckled, "Yes. You have been spending time with my daughter."
"I didn't want to tell you until I knew we were actually friends first." Rebecca explained.
"I guess that's reasonable. That's really wise actually." Ashton agreed.
The door opened and Luke, Calum and Michael all exited fully dressed and seemingly ready for the show.
"5 seconds of summer in five!" A man yelled before returning to the backstage.
"Yes!" Luke exclaimed as he began heading his way to the stage alongside Michael and Calum.
"Wish me luck babe." Ashton said before stealing a kiss from my lips. I was a little bit taken aback from being dazed out in thought earlier but I managed to smile into the kiss.
He pulled away and for a short moment, he found himself staring down at me with gentle eyes as he caressed my cheek with his thumb. He grinned before kissing the tip of my nose and with that, he went off to stage.
I bit my lip in attempt to repress the smile I had just discovered spread onto my face. I stood dazed for a minute until I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. Rebecca was standing in front of me with reproachful eyes before she spoke, "While you're here, I'll be out there watching Ashton and supporting him." She made her way to the audience, stopping herself in her tracks before adding, "Like I did when a bitch broke his heart." With that being said, she left and found herself a seat in the audience.
I turned to face him. Standing straight in rule with posture, he was hovering above me. Less than five minutes ago he appeared to be a likable, charming man, but now that no one is able to see him, his smirk came creeping back from the empty space where his heart should be. The sinister twinkle was now sparkling through his eyes as his taunting laughter filled my ears.
"Oh, Danika." He chuckled, shaking his head. "Danika, Danika, Danika. This is what you spent your time doing? Do you really think you're going anywhere? Maybe you'renot, but he will. And when he leaves, what do you have left?"
I stood silent and defenseless, listening to all of his attempts to bring me down; all of his endless criticism. His patronizing, condescending nature was something that I've gotten too used to for it to affect me anymore. His bitter objectives were long engraved into the back of my skull for me to forget. I never expected any of it to disappear even when I wasn't under their luxurious hell hole.
"Do you really think he'll just stay with you? Maybe temporarily to amuse himself but you can't actually expect him to have any other intentions do you?"
"I never said I expected anything of him," I spoke up, "I don't expect him to care and from the start I already knew he was never going to stay. There was no doubt in my mind that he would and will eventually leave."
"Oh Danika," he sighed, "your defense mechanisms tell otherwise. Let's say you did smarten up even just a bit. So if you do know this is just heading nowhere, why are you just letting it happen? Why are you staying? This must have been the longest you've ever been with someone."
A smirk plastered onto my mouth, "Simple. If he thinks that he's the one enjoying himself, he's wrong and he'll find that out when I break his heart and leave him. I was bored and he voluntarily made himself a victim. So tell me, as a man who knows how to negotiate, wouldn't you take the opportunity when you had it? When you knew it would be beneficial to you?"
"Is that supposed to gain my approval? Danika, no matter how clever and dexterously deceitful you prove yourself to be, you'll always be worthless. You were a mistake and no matter what you do to change that, you always will be. No matter what you do, you can't change anything you've already done. Even if you were to give up everything you have, however little that is, that still wouldn't justify the weight of your mistakes."
I chuckled slightly, "who said I was trying to justify anything?" I took a step closer, "I don't regret anything. And if I had the choice, I'd have you disown me all over again."
"You and me both, you and me both. Just stay away from your mother and I and especially Rebecca."
"What? Am I really that threatening? Are you scared of Rebecca knowing the truth? The truth of who I am or more importantly, the truth of who you are? You don't want her to know what really happened and what kind of a damn father you claim yourself to be? A damn father who cared more about his damn reputation than his own flesh and blood! A damn father who was too proud to feel even the slightest compassion for his daughter! Well damn you!"
"You may curse so long as ever you desire but that doesn't mean I will stoop down to your level."
A bitter laugh escaped my lips, "Did you just say stoop?" I retorted, "Who the hell do you think you are? May I remind you that you aren't the mayor and mark my word, you won't ever be. A man like you will never deserve to be in any kind of authority and if the world knew who you really are, I'm know without a doubt that you wouldn't even have the slightest chance to be elected."

"Maybe that is true," he pondered, "but they don't have evidence to verify or even claim me as the person you say I am. And if ever they do, there is a solution to every problem and I'll resolve that issue by any means necessary."

Hey Guys! It's been forever since I've updated. Sorry about that! On the bright side of things, summer break just started so since I have no life (xP) you should expect more to come. If not, feel free to bug me on my Ask.fm and ask me a bunch of questions, I'll answer them all! Thanks!
-Yannaxx