Untitled Part 16

~Madison Williams~

I paced back and forth as I thought about Daniel's threat. I kept telling myself that nothing would happen. That Daniel was just angry and didn't know what he was saying. He was sober, physically, but he was just intoxicated with anger. He didn't mean it, right? I ran my fingers through my hair. Why am I so worried about Ashton? I didn't even have a reason to care about him; none that I was aware of at least. I pulled out my phone as I scrolled through the contacts. Ashton was the first name displayed onto the screen. I smiled as I gazed at his picture. My phone rang, interrupting me from me from my thoughts.

"Hello?" I answered.
"Hi Madison, it's Luke. I'm calling from Michael's phone. Remember me?" The voice speaked through the phone.
I gulped. I rememeber one of the two names, the other, I have practically memorized. "Hi Luke, why'd you call?"
"As-" He was cut off as the phone was ripped from his hands.
"Madison." His voice rang through my ears. "Hey, babe."
"Listen Michael, I'm a bit busy can I call you back?"
"Yeah, sure. When can we meet up again? I miss you already."
I rolled my eyes. "Um.. next week maybe?" I giggled innocently.
"Fine with me."
"Bye Michael."
"Bye."

"You wish." I muttered to myself.

I pushed him down so that he was laying on the couch. I placed my lips onto his, my tongue sneaking its way in.
"All I know is that you've got him wrapped around your finger for a reason
."

I closed my eyes as I thought back to that night. It was nothing. It didn't mean anything. He was just a toy, a puppet I could fool around with. Nothing more.

A knock sounded on my door. I walked over to the door and opened it revealing none other than Ashton.
"Ashton." I grinned as I threw my arms around him. He's okay, I smiled to myself. He didn't get hurt, not by Daniel at least.
He just stood there; motionless as he remained in silence. I released him and closed the door behind us.

"How's the band?" I asked, hoping to get a word out of him.
His lips parted slightly as if he was still contemplating whether to speak or not; bracing himself for something he couldn't handle.
"We landed a gig in two weeks." He said barely over a whisper.
"I'm so happy for you." I placed my hand on his shoulder as I smiled.
"Michael-" He cut himself off as he released a breath he didn't even know he was holding. "He insisted that we write a new song for the performance." He took out a paper from his pocket, unfolding it and handing it to me.
"He said he was feeling inspired."

I took a look at the lyrics written on the paper.

The storyline was so ridiculous
Every single step had me begging for the next
Before I knew it, it was serious
Dragged me up the stairs and it wasn't ending there

When the lights go out
She's all I ever think about
The picture burning in my brain
Kissing in the rain
I can't forget my English love affair
Today,
I'm seven thousand miles away
The movie playing in my head
Of her king size bed
Means I can't forget my English love affair

When I got out I knew
That nobody I knew would be believing me
I look back now and know
That nobody could ever take the memory

My eyes were watering and before I could even finish reading the contents of the paper, tears were slipping down my cheek.
"Ashton, I-"
"Did you-" He bit his lip as the tears escaped his eyes. "Did you-" He shook his head as he struggled to say the words.
"Did you sleep with him?" He managed to get out. "Did you sleep with my band mate?"
I stood in silence as I watched him shatter. His eyes were stormy as he looked into my eyes; searching for the answer he had already gathered, but hoping to hear otherwise.
"I'm sorry."
He shook his head slightly. "I want to believe that."
"Ashton-"

"I want to believe you," His eyes left mine. "but I can't."

"Ashton, please." I held onto his hand. "Please, I can explain."
"No," He released himself from my grip. "There's nothing to explain."
And with that said, he turned around and left.