Untitled Part 27

~Madison Williams~

As my eyes slowly opened, I was quickly greeted by the sound of silence. This wouldn't have been out of the ordinary had I not been with Ashton, but since I am, it wasn't something I was quite used to for a while. Glancing at the bedside clock, I confirmed that it was a quarter to nine and got myself out of the comfort of my bed. A long yawn escaped my lips as I stretched out my thin arms, extending them the furthest possible. As if by cue, my phone began buzzing from my bedside table.

To: Madison

From: Ashton

Morning beautiful! :) Sorry I'm not there but I'll make it up to you tomorrow xx -Ashton

A smile spread across my face despite the fact that I'd been receiving the same message on a daily basis. I laid my phone back onto the table until it began to buzz once again.

To: Madison

From: Anonymous

Hello Danika.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the sight of the unfamiliar number.

To: Anonymous

From: Madison

Who is this?

A part of me knew not to ask, but my curiosity couldn't help but control my actions. I knew deep down that I'd dread the answer but knew not how to resist.

To: Madison

From: Anonymous

Rebecca.

To: Anonymous

From: Madison

How did you get my number? And aren't your mom and dad forbidding you from me? They'll be horrified when they find out that you messaged me.

To: Madison

From: Anonymous

It doesn't matter how I got your number. Just meet me at Uncle Johnathan's at three.

I stared at the message displayed on the screen in front of me. A shiver trembled down my spine; whether it was of anxiety or the excitement to see my sister again I wasn't sure, but I couldn't ease the feelings that bombarded me in such an instant. I didn't take a moment to contemplate before I agreed. All I knew was in a couple of hours, I'll see my sister again and I continued to repeat it to myself over and over again. I couldn't believe it but I wanted nothing more than to do so.