Untitled Part 18

~Ashton Irwin~

No, I thought. No, it couldn't be.
She wouldn't. She couldn't.
I stood there as I awaited an answer.
Madison Williams.

A tear fell down to my cheek. If I were smarter, I would have seen this coming but I was stupid. It was typical of her character and somehow the thought never crossed my mind. If I would have thought realistically and stopped wishing for some stupid fiction, maybe I could have prevented the pain I'm feeling. The thoughts flowed through my mind as I continued to wonder what I could have done to stop the event from occurring. It was useless; there was no way I could have prevented it. I chose this and choosing her meant choosing the pain. It was my decision and I know that, if I were to go back, I would do just the same.

"Mate," His blue eyes peaked through the small opening of the door. "are you okay?"
I shook my head. "Not really."
He entered the room, closing the door shut behind him and taking a seat on the couch at the other end of the room.
"What's wrong mate?" He asked, concern in his eyes.
"Michael," I began, "the song. It's about Madison."
"So, Michael and Madison-?"
I nodded, "I wish I could say they didn't. I wish I could say that it's all a lie, but I heard it from her myself."
He chuckled slightly, "You couldn't have possibly thought you were the only one, did you?"
I sighed. "I was hoping."
His lips pulled into a frown as silence began crawling through the room.
"You know," I said "this whole time, I thought you guys knew how I felt about her. I thought it was out of the question. But I guess not because Michael still took the chance."
"Well yeah, we knew that you liked her a lot. Heck, you were practically whipped. Just like Michael is now."
I shook my head. "Forget it, you don't understand."
"Hey," he placed his hand on my shoulder. "there are many girls out there and you could have anyone you want."
"I don't know Luke," I ran my fingers through my hair. "I just want to forget right now."
"I want to forget this, her, everything."
He nodded. "Then let's go out. We'll go to the bar, you, Calum and I and we'll drink and meet some girls. Sounds good?"
Hesitantly, I nodded and followed him.

I walked into the club, heading straight to the bar with Luke and Calum following behind me.
"Where's Michael?" Luke turned to Calum.
"Said he'd be staying back. Let Ashton cool down."
He nodded, turning back to me.
"What would you like?" The bartender asked as I stood in front of the bar.
"Give me some of your strongest liquor."
He nodded, "Coming up."

I squeezed my eyes shut as I chugged the alcohol down my throat. After an hour or two I lost track of just how many drinks I had consumed but I assumed that I wasn't fully drunk as I was still aware of what was happening.

"Tough day?" I heard a voice speak.
I turned my head to the right to see a girl sitting on the stool next to mine. Her wavy brunette locks fell inches below her shoulders.
"You have no idea."
"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, looking into my eyes.
I shrugged, "I don't know if I want to bother a stranger about my own problems."
She giggled slightly. "No really, I don't mind. I'm bored and I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for my best friend. It's her birthday and I couldn't say no."

"Well, I hope you don't regret it. I'm Ashton."
"Rebecca."