Chapter 6

~Madison Williams~

"Today on this sunny day, it is about 20 degrees Celsius. Skies are blue with very little chances of rain so take advantage of this day and get out." The man said through the screen of my television.

"And today we have one of our own reporters, Cindy Smith, with one of our mayoral candidates." The anchorwoman announced with a pleasant smile on her face.

"Thank you, Cheryl." She grinned as the camera was on her. "As Cheryl said, I am here with one of the mayoral candidates for Sydney, Mr. Kevin Anderson."

I sat on my couch, staring at the images that flashed before my eyes. I clutched onto the remote as I continued to watch.

"Hello citizens of Sydney, Australia." He greeted as he realized the camera was on him.
"So Mr. Anderson, let's talk about you. Since you may be our new mayor, we want to get to know you."
He nodded. "Well, I'm very glad to hear about your interest in knowing me as a person as opposed to just a politician."
"First off, what can you tell us about your family?"
He grinned. "Well, I have a beautiful wife and a daughter. Small but happy family."

I pressed the top button of my remote, turning off the television. My phone began to ring and I hopped over to the table to get it.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey Madison."
"Hi Kira." I said. "So what's up?"
"We need to meet up. I'll text you the location."
"Okay." I said before she ended the call.

I got dressed into this and head outside of my apartment to meet Kira at a little café. I got in and saw her sitting at the table at the back corner of the café. She lifted her over-sized glasses above her eyes and waved for me to come over.
"Hey." I said, taking a seat on the chair across from her.
"Hey." She responded.
"So," I began. "Why did you call?"
She cleared her throat as she contemplated her speech. I sat there impatiently as I awaited to hear what she had yet to say.
"It's Daniel." She explained. "He seems to have an eye on someone."
"That's it? You know I couldn't care less. He can do all the sh-"
"No." She shook her head. "You don't get it."
I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
"The girl," slid the picture across the table. "It's Rebecca. It's your sister."

I swallowed hard as I looked at the picture. It was true, he was after my sister. My sister that didn't even know who I am, where I was, or if I'm even alive. Little did she know that I had been keeping an eye on her as she grew up or that I attended all of her recitals and plays. I wanted badly to approach her and tell her who I was but I couldn't. My mother and father would never let that happen. They wanted to live their lives as if I was never apart of it, and that's what they're doing now.

It doesn't feel the way it used to-when I was just 16 and out of the house-but even after the full six years, it's difficult to forget all the things that happened or all the things that made me Madison Williams. I don't grieve on the memory of being kicked out of the family, but I don't forget it either.

"I'm not going to let that happen."
"What are you going to do?" Kira asked.
I chuckled. "It's like you don't even know me."
She rolled her eyes.
"I'm going to do what I always do." I answered. "I'm going to show him who's in control."