Chapter 19

Draco's POV

When I woke up, there was no trace that she had even been here except the note that laid on top of the pillow she had used. I reached forward slowly, as if I was scared that the note would disappear right along with her. My heart pounded as I unfolded the little yellow piece of paper, my eyes landing on the familiar hand writing inside.

Draco:
I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore. No friendship. No rivalry, or whatever it was that we had, had before. It needs to stop, so consider this a formal goodbye. Don't look for me, because that's something you would do either out of anger or desperation-or both. Probably both, that seems like you. Don't talk to me when you see me in classes or in the halls. And don't talk to Mati, either. This was my decision and you didn't do anything to influence it, I promise. Neither did Harry, my Dad, or anyone else that you're most likely currently trying to blame. I promise. The only person you have to blame is me, I can promise you that too. I feel like I've made a lot promises on my behalf in this note. so I need you to promise me something now, too. Promise me you'll hang in there, Draco. Promise that you won't do anything stupid and that you won't go back to being completely, and utterly alone. Being alone is dangerous. I know that better than anyone.
-Josslyn